Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland) Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

UT3
By UT3,
in

:) We bid and won 5 nights on 7/3, for $63 per night. I'm not certain that we are happy with the hotel - we were really hoping for a Doubletree. At any rate, the hotel has some positive reviews. We are definetly going to check in with hopes of a success story. We are first time users of PRICELINE, don't believe we will be repeat customers. HOTWIRE has much better customer service. We contacted Priceline with our concern over the hotel star rating and was told that the only thing we could do is address hotel mgmt. at the time of our stay (not certain that will be of any help). We are going to attempt to check-in early in hopes of securing a double occupancy, no smoking room. We will be driving in from San Jose (Milpitas) any ideas for the shortest route?

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed in the hotel and with PRICELINE's response. I have heard HOTWIRE giving a similar response in the past, basically stating that they need to give the hotel a chance to make your stay a good one, but adding that you should call them (HOTWIRE) if you have an issue the hotel can't resolve. I think this is 'fair', and if you do have problems i would first try to resolve them directly with the hotel, and if there are specific things that the hotel is unable to address, then i would also call PRICELINE (although admittedly at that time it's difficult to begin finding new accomodations, if that becomes an option)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you enjoy your stay... please give us a report upon your return.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed one night (7/21) at the Holiday Inn and checked out the following morning. This hotel is by no means a 3 star hotel. We were placed in a smoking room with ashes on the table and chairs - yuck! The room was smelly and the tub did not drain!!! I contacted Priceline immediately the day after we checked in and was not successful with a refund UNTIL I insisted on speaking with a Supervisor. After explaining how substandard the cleanliness of the hotel was, and persistently arguing that a hotel is not a 3 star solely on the basis of it having a restaurant. Thank goodness the gentleman on the other end of the line was willing to contact the hotel - the only way a refund is possible with Priceline is if the hotel is in agreement. What a relief that the young lady that had assisted my husband that morning was willing to offer a full refund for the remaining 4 nights. We purchased nights on HOTWIRE for the Hyatt via the link on this website. We stayed from 7/22-7/26. It was listed as Disneyland South - 3 1/2* - located on Harbor Blvd. The rate was 82.00 + 15.00 self-parking. Amenities area as follows: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Tennis, Golf nearby. We received a complimentary upgrade to a room with bunkbeds for the children. What a great hotel - the family really enjoyed the stay.

Glad to see you were able to resolve this with PRICELINE and the hotel and you were able to put it behind and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Can you please start a NEW TOPIC for your HOTWIRE purchase so that others will see it when searching/scanning the board and also enable it to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the board and using our HOTWIRE link for your subsequent purchase.

I'm happy that you were able to enjoy the rest of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]