Priceline Hotel: 2* Gainesville Extended StayAmerica

Canes98
By Canes98,
in

My apologies for not posting this earlier, but I made this bid while on the road, and forgot to post when I got back home.

I had just finished a wonderful 2 night priceline stay at the 4* Intercontinental hotel in Tampa, and had just dropped off family at the airport in St. Petersburg when I decided to head up to Gainesville for a one night stay to visit some of my old haunts.

I stopped at a Kinko's and unsuccessfully bid $41 for a 2.5 star in the Gainesville zone. Since there are no opportunities to rebid in Gainesville, I bid $35 for a 2* hotel, knowing I could likely get it for lower, but not wanting to get shut out. I won the Extended Stay America. The lowest price for the Extended Stay for that night was $59. Also, every other hotel in Gainesville was at or above $59 for the night, so I saved approximately $25 by using priceline.

Though I was paying for computer usage at Kinko's I still made time to start my bidding through the PRICELINE links on betterbidding.com.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]