Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

zulasmi
By zulasmi,
in

Hello ,

i got my first question about this rebid:

Select 4* TS, CPS, MTE, ESB, and MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

When u say if rejected and re-bid zone 2, u talking about Central Park South or u mean rebid a new location where there are not 4 star hotels (like chelsea , long island upper est and west side and so on??

others questions:

1) i read that the price we are offering is excluding taxes so i would like to know how much are taxes approx if they accept an offer in a 4 star hotel in NY

2)for the location i told you TS, CPS, MTE, ESB, and MTW..., a 4 star hotel between 11 and 16 july how much is it a fair bid? I dont want to get the best bid in the world i just would pay onest.

3) mtc? what does it stand for?

i hope u can help me

Thank you very much and realy sry for bad english.

PS: NFL is no playing righ in july?

going to use your priceline

thx

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When u say if rejected and re-bid zone 2, u talking about Central Park South or u mean rebid a new location where there are not 4 star hotels (like chelsea , long island upper est and west side and so on??
When we mention re-bid zone as per above it's refering to zones which only have star levels less than 4 stars. (NOT the zones numbers that priceline uses to label the zones)
1) i read that the price we are offering is excluding taxes so i would like to know how much are taxes approx if they accept an offer in a 4 star hotel in NY
NYC tax is about 14.5% plus priceline will add about a $5-$6/nite booking fee to the total for a 5 nite stay.
2)for the location i told you TS, CPS, MTE, ESB, and MTW..., a 4 star hotel between 11 and 16 july how much is it a fair bid? I dont want to get the best bid in the world i just would pay onest.
If you let us know your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.
3) mtc? what does it stand for?
Midtown Central... which is the name of a zone on HOTWIRE (PRICELINE doesn't call any zone "Midtown Central")

Thank you for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you let us know your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases.

Fist of all thank you for the answer, i know everyone ask always same thing and can be boring say everytime same thing.

i though that the strategy was pretty much the same : if i want to pay 180 $ per nigh start from 120 and increse 5 $ per rejection adding a non 4* areas .

What is a bit difficult to say is decide my maximum bid. What i think is; if its possible to pay 150$ per night for a 4* in Manatthan area i would hapy to pay so less money if its impossiblei can increase my offer because i prefer increase amount of cash then reduce quality hotel( my girlfriend is a bit difficult)

anyway considering the 14% taxes and 6 $ per day pay 200 $ can be a onest offer. DOnt know if in the date im coming that's a possibile price...( medium price is appro 380 -450 $ but i can try.

Another question is if i register the ask me an US address. i think ill chose a random address since a read priceline is nto going to use that addres righ?

If u have suggestion about the location also about the zone where to stay shot!

Thank you

i though that the strategy was pretty much the same : if i want to pay 180 $ per nigh start from 120 and increse 5 $ per rejection adding a non 4* areas .
The strategy might be the same if you wanted to only go up to $180... but if you were willing to bid higher (if you're rejected at $180 or less) you can actually get more bids per bidding cycle and therefore would use a different strategy. If $180 is your maximum bid then you can follow the strategy for the other users... but rates are somewhat high for your dates so i'm not sure if you'll find success at this level or not.

You can follow the non-US address tips here: PRICELINE NON-US.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would still start lower than $180 and use your 6 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* TS, CPS, MTE, ESB, and MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use our PRICELINE link to begin re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS, CPS, MTE, ESB, and MTW and re-bid zone5...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and use our PRICELINE link to begin re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS, CPS, MTE, ESB, and MTW and re-bid zone6...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $215, if rejected close browser and use our PRICELINE link to begin re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS, CPS, MTE, ESB, and MTW and re-bid zone5 and re-bid zone6...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $240

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I read the post. Yes splitting could be an option but everything depends on the discount i can get.

When i bidded 150 they offered me a room for 290 $ so i think ( thats just my thoug) i can win for 260 $ per night ( thats an hight price but im going to manhattan not PONTASSIEVE) and euro has a good value vs $.

the question is how much i can save splitting the bid?

WHat do u suggest me to bid for 2+3 night? a maximum bid of 180 $ or less?

Is there between the date i choose some expecial event and thats why its soo expensive ?

Thank

euro has a good value vs $
So i've heard... please don't pour salt in our wounds :)

The first two nites apepar to be a little cheaper than the first three nites of yoru stay, and i suspect that you could win those two nites at amounts you have already bid.

As well, not sure if an option or not, but if budget is a factor you could stay some nites in Jersey City (NJ)... there is a PATH train which goes under the Hudson River and has you in downtown Manhattan in under 10 minutes (midtown in ~20 minutes) and i think you could get a very nice hotel here for ~$100/nite (for part of your stay). The downside of staying in Jersey City is that you're not in Manhattan itself and you lose most of the "nyc feel", as well, if you intend to come back very late at nite, waiting for the PATH train can get tiresome (the wait isn't that long, but if you've had a few drinks even 10 minutes can seem like a looong time)... but i mention it because the value is certainly there and it's cheap relative to its Manhattan counterparts, but as i said, you do lose some of the "nyc feel".

Maybe i'm going to raise the bid to 250 $ hoping that work!

then if dont work ill look for a split bid.

A question about the new york zones.

I read a guy winning Millenium Broadway (Times Square-Theatre District) in the same date and reading some recension this hotel is not aso good.

DO u think excluding TS in the zone im going to do a mistake?

Thanks

I just won Millennium Broadway using the PRICELINE link here on the site for $230/night July 4-6 (2 nights). You can get lower than $250/260 if you use the bidding strategy. I started at $210 and went up in $10 increments....so you may get lower than $230 if you start at $215-220 and go up in $5 increments. i wasn't expecting to win since I had been bidding for a week with no success.....NYC is very full right now with Tourists from out of the country!

We will see how the hotel shakes out and I will post a review on Trip Advisor.

Tom

zulasmi,

If there is a hotel in the zone you don't wish to stay in then i would not bid that zone. I'll note though that the reviews of the Millennium Broadway are not decidely negative, they are somewhat mixed, some some users really enjoying their stay. I do think you had a decent chance of winning a hotel if you go up to $250/nite (even without including the Times Square zone), so you could try for a 4* while not including this zone, then if rejected make a decision if you'd like to try again with the Times Square zone or split your bid.

Please remember to start your bids with the PRICELINE links on the board.

Islesfan,

We have our own HOTEL REVIEWS section on the board and it would be appreciated if you posted here as well. Since opinion of a hotel is based upon the perceived value, it's important that we 'opaque users' have our own review section... two guests at a hotel may have a very similar experience and encounter some problems, but the 'opaque user' who paid $50/ntie will likely have a very different overall review than the guest paying rack rate of $200/nite.

Thanks!

Congratualtions on your win!

Rates are "good" or "bad" relative to what is available for your given stay. While this is much more than the winning bids for other nites, obviously this is what was needed to win this complete stay. Hotel direct rates for this stay start at $395/nite, so you saved well over $100/nite, which i can hardly think is considered 'bad'.

As well, this offers a very convenient location for exploring the city as it's virtually right on top of Grand Central Station. Lastly, one morning i recommend trying Ess-A-Bagel for breakfast (as i always do for users staying in this area)... one of the best bagels in the city and makes for a good, and inexpenisve, breakfast among the locals. (on Third Ave at 51st St)

Thanks for sharing your win and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

hey man im havingreally good time in new york and have been this morning at ess a bagel.really good.i dont know if u can help me but im trying to find some tickets for the new york yankees friday night at 50 dollar ( 2 tickets).Can u suggest me something?Thanks

Glad to hear you're enjoying your stay.

Can't help with the tickets other than to try the Box Office. However, unless this is a "hot" game, you can probably scalp tickets up there outside the stadium. (just be smart and exchange your money as you get the tickets in hand... don't hand any money over to somebody who is 'going to get them from his partner') As gametime approaches you can get a feel for how many tickets are trying to be sold on the street, if a lot, you can probably get something at face or below by waiting until the 2nd or 3rd inning.

Good luck (and be careful buying tickets on the street!!)

EDIT TO ADD: i'm sure the concierge at the Hyatt probably has some connections, i'd let him see if he can do anything if you let him know what it is you're looking for and willing to spend (NOTE: be specific with him/her so knows exactly what you're looking for and willnig to spend... otherwise he can come back and let you know about the $300/tix seats he can get for you)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]