Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* DC (Dupont Circle-Emassy Row) Embassy Suites

Shutitdown
By Shutitdown,
in

I am planning a last minute trip with my wife and 2 boys (13 and 9).. going to DC,Philly,Baltimore and some other places...looking for help/advice on a hotel and area to stay in DC for 4 nights 7/11-7/15. We enjoy walking so we are looking for something as close as possible to the monuments,museums,etc...

Looking for advice on both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE

Thank you

Shutitdown

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First question is if you're looking to book one room or two? PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy so if you use their service you could receive a room with only one bed. HOTWIRE is usally a little more expensive, but allows you to search for up to quad occupancy and guarantees sleeping accomodations for everyone included in your search.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Usually HOTWIRE isn't that much more expensive (but sometimes it can be) but you can figure out your best deal with HOTWIRE, and then determine how much you'd need to save to make the 'PRICELINE risk' worthwhile and use that as your upper bidding limit (if you desire to try that route)

Which HOTWIRE zones are you willing to accept? What is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept? What is your maximum budget?

If you do a HOTWIRE search for 2adults/2children does anything fit your parameters?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not familiar with the area at all..right now on hotwire there is a 3.5 star for 85.00 a night in Alex/Old Town and 4 star same area for 135.00 also a 4 star in Arlington for 116.00.. I want 3.5 or higher and want to be close as possible to mall,museums,etc... we like to walk and use trolleys etc.. I don't want to have to drive in daily.. I would like to get under 125 if possible but want to be in a good safe area.

I want... to be close as possible to mall,museums,etc
Is taking a metro from the outskirts of town into the city a viable solution... or do you need to be in the city boundaries of DC itself?

If you look at our Priceline Maps you should be able to located the attractions you intend to visit which hotels are in the area relative to the attraction location. As well, if you zoom in/out the 'right' amount you can also see metro stops designate on the map, which can give you an idea of how close each hotel is to a metro station as well as which metro stations are near the attractions you intend to visit.

As far as i know the metro is safe, but you should use care as you would in any city. As well, note that the shuttle shuts down at about midnite... not sure if that is an issue for you at all or not.

What are the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with the property(s) you're being offered which are inline with your budget and star rating?

As far as i know the metro is safe, but you should use care as you would in any city. As well, note that the shuttle shuts down at about midnite... not sure if that is an issue for you at all or not.

What are the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with the property(s) you're being offered which are inline with your budget and star rating?

Here are the top 5

3.5 star dupont/embassy row suite,comp breakfast,fitness , pool,rest,bus center, laundry 153.00 night

3.5 star alex/old town smoke free,fitness,rest,laundry,tennis nearby,airport shuttle,pool,bus center, high speed internet 85.00 night

4 star alex/old town boutique hotel,pool,bus center,high speed internet, fitness , rest 135.00 night

3 star georgetown fitness,rest,laundry,pool,bus center, internet 149.00 night

3.5 star arlington air shuttle,bus center,pool,fitness center,restraunt 114.00 night

Thanks

Congratualtions on your success!

For anyone else following along (and can you confirm) the Embassy Suites was the 3.5* offered in the Dupont Circle/Embassy zone:

3.5* Embassy Suites

Amenities: Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Business, Laundry

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Yes I can confirm it is Embassy Suites. Once I realized it was an Embassy Suites and it was downtown it made my decision easy. I think the the 3.5 in Alex/Old Town was a Sheraton Suites which got a lot of unfavorable reviews on TripAdvisor.. we have stayed at Embassy Suites in the past in Chicago and my boys (13 and 9) loved the free breakfast and the rooms are great for a family. Usually always a bunch of families and kids but that works for us. Thanks again for your help and the informaiton on Betterbidding.com!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]