Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTC) Le Parker Meridien

BeckyBC03
By BeckyBC03,
in

Hi,

I am looking for a 4* hotel for a three night stay Friday July 25-Monday July 28. My first choice zone is Upper Midtown - Central Park South, followed by Time Square and lastly followed by Midtown East. I will take Midtown East but the chance of getting a hotel all the way over by the UN is a little scary. Do you have any advice for where to start my bidding for this?

Travelzoo.com has a special listed at the Westin in Time Square for $199/night. I have stayed at this property before at I thought it was very nice. So, with that said, I think that the maximum I would want to bid on Priceline is $180/night because I am happy to pay $199/night and know what I am getting with the Westin. Do you think $180 is doable for these dates??

This time I PROMISE I will remember to use your new PRICELINE link!!

Thanks!

No 4* hotels reported to the board have been as far East as the Millenium UN so i wouldn't expect a 4* win to be that far East.

To suggest a strategy above, i assume price is more important than location, and ideally you'd like the least expensive 4* in the CPS, TS, or MTE zone vs. bidding up to your limit for CPS, then bidding up to your limit for TS, then bidding up to your limit for MTE.

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please do remember to use our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I will be happy with MTE, MTW, TS or CPS. I actually did some bidding yesterday without much of a strategy. I bid up to $155 and didn't win anything. I will try with whatever strategy you give me again today. Our backup plan for the Westin is no longer available. Thanks!

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, and TS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, and TS and re-bid zone5...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, and TS and re-bid zone6...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $195

You can stop the bidding at $180 if you'd like, but i continued higher with the available re-bid zones since your $199 back-up is no longer available.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I only bid up to $180. I found another backup alternative at the Grand Hyatt for $199/night and there is an Amex get the 3rd night free at the Le Parker Meridien making it $219/night so I don't want to get that close to $200.

I have stayed at the Hyatt before and it is nice but I think the Le Meridien is a better location. Does anyone have any experience with the Le Meridien?

• 2 weeks later...

4* hotel New York (MTC), 07/25/2008 - 07/28/2008

4-star hotel in Midtown Central w/ following amenities: fitness, restaurant, business center, high speed internet and spa services.

This appears to be a match for the Le Parker Meridien except for it does not say it is a customer favorite. Have you seen this hotel won without the customer favorite reference?

I did not have any luck on PRICELINE and then found out I may need to bring our dog. The Le Parker Meridien accepts dogs. With America PRICELINE EXPRESS buy 2 nights get 1 free the rate for this hotel averages to $219 (before taxes). So, this would be an even better deal.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. If you utlimately use HOTWIRE we'll move this entire thread to that section of the board.

The "Customer Favorite" designations come and go, and we've even seen them appear/disappear from search to search, so they should not be used as a primary factor in determining a hotel's ID. The above is a match for the Le Meridien and that would be our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you received the hotel you were expecting and it works well for your needs of being able to bring your dog.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay in NYC (and the dog runs :) )

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]