Italy Venice Hilton Molino Stucky

alexk32
By alexk32,
in

In the room, it stated that this room was 842 euro per night. I would have been happy if we had of paid about 100 US. We paid 260 US per night. I like to refer to it as our "prison". If you are using priceline to stay at this hotel, then you can not afford it. One drink at the bar was 20 euros, at todays exchange rate that is 32 dollars. The only good part about the hotel is the pool, it is nice although it is very warm as they don't cool it, and there are not enough loungers and they close it at 7:00 even though all their literature will say open until 9. We got to stay in the ghetto section of the hotel, the part where you have to beg and plead to get a glass for your bathroom, forget about a mug for your in room coffee service or even the coffee. And the room was not cleaned once, they did make the bed but that was it. They must have been in and out in two minutes. Empty the garbage? No way, they had no time for that. You could complain about all this but they don't care, nothing changes, they have higher paying priced guests to attend to.

It makes it odd, if you have stayed in hotels this caliber it makes it frustrating to not expect the same level of care that we would get in those other hotels. I would have preferred to stay in a smaller hotel who appreciated my money and showed some service and care. Some hotel out there would have been happy to have us as guests.

One of the worst parts was there are no outside areas where you can sit without having to order a drink or buy food. Nothing, not a bench, not a little grass area, nothing! Oh, except the pool that closes at 7.

Priceline no more, it's not worth it on your holiday to be treated as so. A part of me believes that if the Hilton is willing to auction their rooms as five star at lower prices that is their choice, they should still treat all guests with the same courtesy, but they didn't. This is such a large hotel they are just trying to fill their undesirable rooms at some price and then just forget they ever did it.

• 9 months later...

I have to disagree with the OP. We just returned and loved our Priceline stay at the Hilton Molino Stucky. We were treated very well at check in and no mention of PL was made. Since we are a family with two small children and I had booked two connecting rooms. While our rooms did not have a view of the canal, they were beautifully appointed and very roomy. The entire hotel has only recently been completed and it is fabulous from one end to the other. It is a very large complex. The outside pool was closed (as we stayed in March) but the upper terrace lounge and patios were open and in the evening provided a wonderful view. The hotel offers free shuttle boat service, with the shuttle going directly across the Giudecca canal twice and hour and once an hour it goes to St. Mark's square.

I will agree that the cost of food and beverage at the hotel is astronomical, it was easy to find the local "Coop" (grocery store) and buy milk, soda, beer, rolls and cold cuts. The hotel was very kind about emptying one of our minibars. I hope the next time we go to spend more time exploring Giudecca. There were wonderful pastry shops and local restaurants and shops just a five minute walk from the hotel. We took the vapparetto to and from the train station and that was easy and very inexpensive. If you prefer, private water taxis were available with round trip to the train station running about 100 euros.

We just loved this hotel and would return in a heartbeat. Our PL price was $125 per night. And again, the staff could not have been any kinder or more polite.

• 1 year later...

Just to add a more recent review: we stayed 4 nights at the Hilton Molino Stucky in Venice last week and loved it.

At check-in they made a reference at the reservation being payed through Priceline but we felt no different treatment by the staff. Surely we got a no view room, but the bed was great, high quality decoration, very clean, reliable shutlle boat, overall a great hotel at a great price with Priceline NYOP!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]