Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Millenium Broadway

RobbieRob
By RobbieRob,
in

Hi!

I need to book 2 rooms for NYC, dates see above. It's one room for me and my sister, and one room for my parents.

My dad wants to be close to Times Square - so my question is: on priceline, MTE, MTW and Central Park South seem to be pretty close to the Times Square Zone - how far are those away? I guess a 20 Minute walk would still be ok for my dad!

My limit would be 150$, and I've seen a couple of people here getting a 4* hotel for 120$/nights - since my stay is from Wednesday till Saturday - what do you think my chances are?

At the 4* level all those zones should be fine, but i'd also give a our Hotels Near Times Square thread a read (send the link to your dad??)

I assume the Times Square zone is equally acceptable? What about the ESB zone? (short bus, taxi or subway ride away)... but some areas a bit more than 20 minute walk to Times Square (which as per the above link, you won't be spending as much time there as you think)

Let us know regarding the zones and we'll suggest a strategy for you to try, but based upon current prices i think $150 may not be tough for a 4* hotel in the above zones.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just bid up to $230 for 4* in MTE, MTW, Central Park South, and Times Square - no succes :)

Since I'm staying from Wed - Sat - is maybe Friday night a problem? Should I try bidding only Wed-Fri, and hope to get the 'add nite' feature (do you ALWAYS get the 'add nite' option?)

Without looking at your actual dates, Friday nites are usually cheaper than midweek.

The Extend Your Stay option is not always offered, and even when it is, there are no guarantees that PRICELINE will be able to extend the stay. PRICELINE can come back stating that they couldn't find a room for the extra nite(s) OR that a room is only available at a higher rate.

You can book the Belvedere thru Quickbook (please use this link) for $242/nite, which gets pretty good reviews. This is refundable so it protects you from rates going higher and you can continue to try PRICELINE and HOTWIRE in the weeks ahead.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and Quickbook if you go that route)

Does that work for your needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you could almost definately win a 4* for Friday nite for less thank you have already bid, but the first two nites of your stay may still be problematic.

How you proceed depends upon how much you mind the inconvenience of changing hotels during your stay. For a 3 nite stay i think i would sooner book the refundable quickboook offer above, and then try for the complete stay in the weeks ahead. If you're still unsuccessful come the last week of July/first week of August, then take a closer look at SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or Quickbook)

I am thinking about either booking the Hilton New York or Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers (near Times-square), Deluxe Rooms are about 300$/Night on Expedia - not cheap, but since I would get a 'random' hotel on priceline for probably about 250$, 50$ more/night give us some kind of security.

Anyone of you happen to know if there might be a special good deal about those hotels somewhere on the internet (i.e. cheaper than on Expedia)?

Thanks a lot guys!

Why not the previously metioned Belvedere thru Quickbook for $242/nite? It gets very good reviews, is cheaper than both the hotels you're considering, and has no cancellation fee so it gives you the option to continue to try PRICELINE in the weeks ahead (for which there is a good chance you'll be successful at amounts you have already bid).

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.. If you do decide to book direct, please note that in our support page we have links to Expedia, Sheraton, and Hilton.

If you haven't i would book the Belvedere thru Quickbook... or find some other suitable back-up reservation which is fully cancellable. (another option is the Desmond Tutu, also thr Quickbook, for $202/nite... it's a bit 'west', but includes free breakfast and the reviews have been great)

From there, what is "cheap" for the Downtown hotel? What is the star rating what are the amenities HOTWIRE associates with it?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or Quickbook)

Congratualtions on your win!

Not sure if you're seeing rates different than i am, but the hotel direct rate for these nites averages to $329/nite, so your win is almost a savings of $100/nite (x2 rooms x 3 nites = $600 savings!!) which i think it is pretty good.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]