Hotwire Hotel: 3-star hotel in Fort Lee - Hackensack Hotwire 7/7/08

charles301
By charles301,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Before lookng at this property, do you intend to visit Manhattan for this stay? If so, how familiar are you with NYC... as this isn't really the ideal zone to stay if you intend to go to midtown.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can't help with the hotel, but can verify that Fort Lee is definitely not a convenient location for getting to/from Manhattan by public transportation. You can take a bus to the subway station in Washington Heights (an area not recommended after dark) and return that way. But, depending on which side of the highway the hotel is located, you must take a taxi (expensive, $25 I think, involves crossing GW Bridge) to the station in one direction or the other because it is absolutely impossible to cross the highway to/from the bus stop on the other side.

That said, we often stay at the Holiday Inn Fort Lee (an excellent place with free parking), but we drive. It is truly only about 20 minutes to/from Midtown driving. Even leaving from the Theater District one day at rush hour took only a bit longer. I always find a parking garage with www.iconparking.com for the most reasonable rate close to our planned activities in Manhattan. Again, the GW Bridge toll ($8) is involved. Believe me, we hear a lot of grumbling in the dining room at breakfast from people going into the city and back with public transportation. Worst is trying to find a taxi from the subway station late at night, even with taxi company numbers to phone.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes we are going to midtown. I know the transit system around the area. I was thinking of staying in the meadowlands area and taking the NJ transit into Penn station. That doesn't take too long. I know where I can park for free close to Secaucus Junction. So my best bet maybe is to get something in that area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]