finding age of hotel/motel location

mel338
By mel338,
in

In searching for reviews on a particular hotel, I happened to stumble upon http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-191500002-...2-hotel_guide-i, Yahoo's Hotel Guide. You can search by city, price range, hotel type, and/or hotel name, or browse by continent/country/city. When you click on any hotel name on the "results" page, it will take you to a page full of information about the hotel you've selected. If you scroll down to the section of the page labeled "Property Info," it should list what year the building that houses the hotel was built (I can't guarantee they have this information for every hotel on the planet, but it was listed for all the hotels I spot checked - even one in Monrovia, Liberia :) ). It's important to emphasize that I believe what is listed is the year the building that houses the hotel was built, not the year that the current hotel chain began occupying the building or even the year the building started being used as a hotel. For example, the listing for the Hyatt Regency St. Louis states that it was built in 1894, as it is located in the old Union Station! The hotel actually opened in 1985 along with a shopping mall after a major renovation of the then-unused station.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]