Priceline Hotel: 4* OC (Newport - Huntington Beach) Hyatt Newporter

flapus
By flapus,
in

Hi,

Was going to spend 4 days at the beach. First wanted Santa Monica but pcln hasn't got good rates for the 3* hotels. They need at least 75-90 bucks per night.(probably Days Inn)

So I bid for a hotel that was formerly a 3* but was renovated "Hyatt NEWPORTER". All reviews were excellent so I decided to take my chance. A lot of people were getting it at $48 a night in June but no luck for me. Probably because July is more crowded over there.

A lot of free rebids in this area. (everything except Costa Mesa)

I need 4 nights (25-29) but pcln wasn't willing to take my offer, so I split it up in 1+3.

Accepted at $58 for 3 nights after receiving a counteroffer when I bid 50. Counteroffer was +$15. A good advice for counteroffers is to take half of the counteroffer to get the room.

Succeeded for Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe. (bid $100 counteroffer + $22, accepted $112)

After that counteroffer I tried $55 rejected, $56 rejected, $57 rejected and finally $58 ACCEPTED.

I am going to add that Sunday (25-26) to it, in a seperate bid or through the "add extra day" button.

Hope this helps a few people here, saving some dollars :-)

grtz from Belgium

Just spent two nights there last week-end, you won't be disappointed. Got a newly decorated room with nice balcony with view of the back bay in the distance. Low rise hotel, gorgeous grounds. We just stayed there because our house was termite tented but I have to say we felt like we were on vacation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]