Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Tulsa (Airport TUL) Radisson

joejoe
By joejoe,
in

I am a priceline newbie, but I booked a 5 night stay on PRICELINE and got the price I wanted, but I saw a $25 TRAVEL INSURANCE fee added on.

Is this normal?

I don't recall anyplace where it asked if I wanted insurance or not, I would have declined.

Anyway, I'm not complaining since it was still a good price, just want to know for future reference.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Welcome to BetterBidding!

From Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Please share your winning hotel bid with the board and then bump this thread and we'll add a reply to your question above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Suppose you go through PRICELINE and name your own price, does the hotel know the details like how much you paid, etc?

I mean, do the hotel workers know how much you paid total if you name your price on Priceline?

I wouldn't think so, since Priceline is the one who charges your credit card, and Priceline acts as the middleman. Just curious, that's all.

Thanks in advance

I won a bid of $33 a night at 2.5 star Radisson hotel near the airport in Tulsa, Oklahoma for July 2nd-7th.

I bid $32 at first, it was declined for zones 2 and 4, then I added the airport zone and upped my bid to $33. I am a noobie but now I see that I didnt need to up my bid because $32 probably would have won it also. oh well, i learned something.

I saw a $25 travel insurance fee but I dont remember OK'ing any insurance.

Also, I was just curious if the bidding information is known to the hotel workers or do they just see that the reservation has been paid for.

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board.

On the page you confirm the details of the bid (before you submit it) is a checkbox:

Purchase Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance

Check here to cover yourself in the event of unforeseen illness and injury for only $5.00 per room per night.

It is possible you didn't read it and thought you just needed to check the box to confirm the details were correct.

The hotel doesn't see the amount of your winning bid... all they know is how much PRICELINE paid them for the room (any 'overbid' goes to PRICELINE)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]