Adding extra day(s) to an accepted Priceline bid?

ufauxreal
By ufauxreal,
in

I thought I read that it was possible to request additional days after a Priceline bid was accepted. Is this still true? And, if so, how does it work??

Will they offer the additional day at the same price, or counter offer a higher price (if the additional day would normally go at a higher price?)

Thanks!

JB

If you click on "Help" on the main Priceline screen, then "Search by Topic" - type in "adding"... This will give you some good info and the rules for adding nights to an accepted bid. In short, you can only do it before you check in, and the price would be the same...

Good luck!

DeltaPurser :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've done this before, basically it is treated as a new bid but now you are bidding at the same price point only for the property you already have reserved.

Priceline places several restrictions, however --

* The number of additional nights you request cannot exceed the number of nights in your original reservation

* you may only add nights to the beginning or end of your stay (but not both)

They'll only let you do this if --

* your original priceline reservation was made less than 30 days ago

* your total stay does not exceed 21 nights

* you make your request before midnight eastern time the night before your check-in date

* you have not already requested additional nights for this trip (you can only make the request once)

And there's no guarantee of additional nights... you'll get the additional nights if there's additional inventory at your original bid amount.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]