Priceline Hotel: 3* Syracuse East Wyndham

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

Last minute bid - unexpectedly needed to stay over an extra night and my usual spot at relatives' house is not available. For some reason, North Syracuse zone had no availability today so I was limited to one free rebid (Syracuse usually has two free rebids if you're bidding 3*). Hotel prices in the area have risen noticeably over the past year - Hotwire showed $57 for what is most likely the Wyndham (almost definitely - the only 3* properties in PL Syracuse East or Hotwire Airport-Carousel Center zone are the Wyndham and Embassy Suites - amenities on the $57 HW choice did not show suites - has to be the Wyndham).

Lowest winning bids on 3* in this zone have been at $45 level for past year or so but a few months agoi I had to move to $50 to win.

Bid 1 - started at $45 and will move to $50 for next bid if necessary - won on first try!

Your Offer Price: $45.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $45.00

Taxes: $4.36

Processing Fee: $5.95

Total Charges: $55.31

Good deal - I know this hotel well and they sometimes give me frequent flyer credit for my Wyndham By Request number when I stay here on PL (not always).

they sometimes give me frequent flyer credit for my Wyndham By Request number when I stay here on PL (not always)

I'm sure your charming personality doesn't hurt matters any! :)

Thanks for the detailed info, i'm sure others looking at the area will benefit from it.

You probably know this, but i'll add it for others that may be reading...

Some zones don't allow same day bidding. I'd assume that North Syracuse is one of these zones, and this is the reason why the box was 'grayed out' and wouldn't let you select it. I don't think it had anything to do with availability, it's because Priceline doesn't allow same day bidding in that zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip on the same day bidding for certain zones... I was unaware of it until now (and unlike some forums, I didn't even get spanked by the moderator for my ignorance - now THAT is a refreshing change - I think many of you reading know what I'm talking about!).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]