Hotwire Hotel: 3* Grand Rapids (Airport GRR) Ramada Plaza

Derrek
By Derrek,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success and substantially savings on this HOTWIRE purchase.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Just adding a mini review of the hotel:

We were put into room 552. Its the last room on the top floor. It's a corner room and was good size, I would guess it's probably 1.5x bigger than a typical room. Our reservation was for 2 adults and 2 children so I thought we would have a room with two double beds. We had one king and a pull out sofa. I was disappointed at first but it turned out to be a blessing. We have one disabled son (2yrs old) that can only get around with a walker and the added space with the sofa instead of a bed worked out good for him. The hotel looks like an old Holiday Inn, its in my GPS as a Radison so I'm not sure when it became a Ramada Plaza. The hotel definitely needs some major TLC, its really starting to show its age. The sheets where clean and the bathrooms as well but the rest needs improvement. The hotel offers free wi-fi but was unable to get usable access in our room. We called the front desk and was told no one else has complained. We could sign-on but had such latency we couldn't connect to any websites nor use vpn. The room a/c is big window units and made a lot of noise and the maintenance guy said he would swap it out, he went on to say that some of the a/c units are from the 1970's. Housekeeping was unpredictable. One day they would leave 4 towels and the next they would only leave two. They never gave us more shampoo, conditioner, nor mouth wash. The pool is indoors and has a 180FT water slide but fails to deliver. The pool is a square shape with 1/4 of set aside for a kiddie pool that is 1.5ft deep, another 1/4 of the pool is the slide landing zone and you can't swim in it. The rest of the pool is usable but often WAY to crowded to do anything but stand in one spot. The pool was heated and while the slide was open had 'staff' to enforce the rules. They also have a hot tub but didn't get to check it out. I would have been extremely disappointed paying normal price for this hotel but was content paying the $49 with Hotwire.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]