Hotwire Hotel: Help Identify 3* in Kaanapali 8/4/08 - 8/8/08

polandspringuy
By polandspringuy,
in

Keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Have you tried bidding for your Priceline Oahu stay yet?

Have you researched prices at all for this stay? HOTWIRE (please use this link) has a 4* hotel in the Kaanapali zone for $182/nite. The star rating and amenities match those of the Sheraton... so would you like to reduce your maximum bid to match this price? (or given the 4.5/5.0 TA rating would you prefer to just go with this offer?)

Please follow-up your previous Oahu thread with an update and then let us know if the Maui HOTWIRE above is acceptable and if you'd like to lower your maximum bid down from $200.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you tried bidding for your Priceline Oahu stay yet?
Please follow-up your previous Oahu thread with an update and then let us know if the Maui HOTWIRE above is acceptable and if you'd like to lower your maximum bid down from $200.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I posted an update on the Oahu thread - I did not get the hotel based on the original bidding strategy. i will try the newly suggested strategy after 24 hours of my original bids.

I don't want the Maui HOTWIRE offer and would like to try my luck with Priceline. Can you recommend a bidding strategy for Priceline with a maximum bid of $182?

Thank you,

Will

I don't want the Maui HOTWIRE offer...

Because you'd like to try for a lower price with PRICELINE or because you're not interested in what is believed to be the Sheraton? If the latter, the Sheraton would be a possible outcome when you bid on PRICELINE... is this an acceptable property?

At the Resort level in Maui you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's zone1, re-bid zone2 is not the same as priceline's zone2, etc... ask questions if you're unsure)

This may (likely) prove too low, but i would try as follows for the first round of bidding:

Select Resort Kaanapali...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select Resort Kaanapali and re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

24 hours after your last rejected bid i would re-try:

Select Resort Kaanapali...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select Resort Kaanapali and re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $165.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]