UT Salt Lake City Hilton City Center Downtown

Viktoria
By Viktoria,
in

This hotel does not correspond to the 4* rating. I got a room with a king-size bed, but when my partner and I arrived, we were given a room with two tiny twin beds. Hotel staff told us no other rooms were available. We took the room anyway, since we had to sleep somewhere.

The room was not cleaned properly. There was hair on the toilet seat, the blankets looked like they have not been washed in months, the towels were not washed either and had black dirty stains on them.

That same night, we complained and were given a room with a king-size bed (which appeared in the hotel system out of nowhere), and which was more comfortable, but not much cleaner. We were literally afraid to use the towels. The blanket had large stains of blood on it, which was totally disgusting. Another thing - a small water bottle in the room was priced at $6.00 while the water in the vending machines was sold out on at least 6 floors that we checked. It seems like the "sold out" situation was created purposefully. To get to floors 16-18, you had to slide the key in the elevator, but the floors did not look any better than any other floor below the 16th.

The nice thing about the hotel was its location, having a hot tub, a swimming pool, and sauna. But at the same time, the hot tub had a line of dirt where the water meets the wall on one side. Another thing - we saw the same pair of dirty underware in one of the lockers for 3 days in a row. It looked like there was no cleaning done there either. After staying at this hotel, my partner and I firmly decided to bring our own towels, sheets, and pillow cases to any hotel we have to stay in - just to avoid getting disgusted in case the hotel is dirty.

Overal, the hotel was a disappointment.

To anyone who wins this hotel I recommend checking the room, sheets, towels, blankets, toilet seat, and shower before unpacking your luggage in case you find it unacceptable and have to move to a different room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]