Changing Priceline times or cancelling??

SR99
By SR99,
in

Hi, I wanted to know my options regarding the "Name Your Price" feature. I booked a ticket:

LAX to Austin, RT, leaving 6/21, returning 6/22. I had originally bid for San Antonio because I'm attending a wedding there on Saturday night (6/21), with a reception Sunday morning (6/22).

I booked the flight to leave on Monday 6/23, but my card wasn't accepted. I tried to rebid.

$150-rejected

$175-rejected

$190- rejected

Then PRICELINE offered tickets if I bid $250 AND landed in Austin, so I did. When I got the itinerary though, the time had changed and I was leaving 6/22.

My new itinerary:

Depart 7pm LAX 6/21

Arrive 12AM Austin 6/22 (local)

Depart 7AM Austin 6/22 (local)

Arrive 8AM LAX 6/22 (local)

total cost: $280

This gives me exactly 7 hours from the time the plane arrives in Austin to takeoff, minus the two hour pre-flight check-in. Include a two hour drive to San Antonio and that gives me less than an hour (on paper, ideally) at the reception. Basically, as it stands, I'm paying almost $300 to go sleep in an airport for 7 hours.

I e-mailed Priceline but haven't heard anything. I did call them a few times but of course, they kept reading the screen prompts.

I wanted to know what options I have. I did notice that someone else had a similar situation but had their tickets refunded for a small fee. What exactly did you say, or would I have to say to get Priceline to make this exemption to their bidding policy?

At this point I just want to get my money back. I was barely able to scrape this travel money together (full time student).

I'd GREATLY appreciate all of your help. Thanks...

-Srini

It appears tha this trip had already passed... did you make any headway with PRICELINE?

I'm guessing that PRICELINE didn't cancel your flight, as you chose the parameters you were willing to accept and they found a deal which met the parameters you agreed to.

To use PRICELINE bidding for airfare you really need to be flexible in your plans and it's usually not recommend for very short stays... on the otherhand, their "retail airfare" product doesn't charge any booking fees, so it's often a good place to start.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]