Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Williamsburg (Newport News-Airport PHF) Country Inn and Suites

peverson
By peverson,
in

We are heading to Williamsburg 7/5-7/12. We'd like to stay in a 2.5 or higher (a 3 would be great if there was a good deal). We have 4 adults and two kids and would like to have only two rooms. How do you handle the possibility of one double bed? I definitely want a queen and a foldout sofa at minimum ( 2queens in each room is ideal). Should I stick with the HOTWIRE choices only? There aren't many hotels on the lists. Of the ones I see, I am most interested in The Crown Plaza. What is the cheapest way to get a room there and what bid should I offer? I would love to pay less that $75 per night. Is that realistic?

Thank you!

Paige :)

How do you handle the possibility of one double bed?
PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. You can either take the risk tha the the hotel with be able to accomodate you or you should stick with HOTWIRE and search for the number of occupants in your gruop.

Rather than start with the Hotwire Hotel List to determine which properties you do/don't want, begin by doing a HOTWIRE search and see what (if anything) is offered within your budget and minimum star rating.

Does anything fit your criteria?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I want to check to see if there are any other known hotels that haven't been listed and to see if I have figured out the right way to do this based upon what I have read. I am planning a trip to Williamsburg 7/6-7/12. If I check the boxes for 3* and for Williamsburg outlets and I bid, am I most likely bidding on the Holiday Inn Historic Gateway?

Please let me know if I am not doing this correctly. I am especially interested in this hotel because it has queen beds and there are four of us--we like some space! :)

Thank you!

Depends upon how much emphasis you place on:

I most likely bidding on the Holiday Inn Historic Gateway

This is not the most frequently bid area on the board, so there can easily be other 3* areas in this zone not yet reported. From the top of the hotel list:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to look at the Priceline map before purchasing. DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window (CLICK HERE for information on how to add cities in order to bid again).

In light of the above, you MAY get a hotel that is NOT on this list, or get a hotel on this list but at a star level you didn't expect (if the star rating has changed).

As well, it's important to note that just because the hotel has rooms with two queen beds, they under no obligation to give you such a room... all they're required to do is give you a room which can accomodate two adults. Usually hotels will do what they can do in order ot accomodate you, but some hotels won't, or they won't have that room type available at the time you check-in.

You can take the chance, and many do, that it will all work out fine, but if you want to guarantee quad occupancy you'll need to use HOTWIRE and include 4 adults on your search.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I do understand that, but I thought if I entered an occupancy of 4 for Hotwire, I could still end up with two double beds! I have tried to research the beds at the different hotels to see which ones have queens so I have a better chance to get them. Later this summer we are going to Atlanta--a forum that seems to be used more often, so I probably can figure things out better there. I am getting two rooms--4 adults and two large kids (12 yrs.) are going with us, so we would need a sofa or cot if we ended up with double beds.

Do most hotels offer a rollaway cot if I end up with double beds?

Do you think I have a better chance of figuring out the hotel I will get using HOTWIRE rather than PRICELINE?

I could still end up with two double beds!
You can end up with double beds regardless of which service you use.
Do most hotels offer a rollaway cot if I end up with double beds?
Most likely would, and i would think in an area such as this, which caters to families, you'll have a better chance than in a large city which caters to business travels (or an area such as NYC where rooms are notoriously small and often don't have room for a rollaway cot)
Do you think I have a better chance of figuring out the hotel I will get using HOTWIRE rather than PRICELINE?
You almost always have a better chance at figuring out the hotel with HOTWIRE than PRICELINE... HOTWIRE often gives clues with the amenities which you can often use to figure out the hotel beforehand; with PRICELINE you're subject to any hotel in the zone at the minimum star rating your select.

I am looking at a 2.5* hotel in Newport News/Williamsburg Intl Airport PHF for $69 for July 6-12 (Shuttle, breakfast, pool, internet, fitness, and laundry). Looking at the amenities, it appears to be the Country Inn & Suites. Am I right? What is the 2.5* they have listed for Williamsburg/Busch Gardens with Breakfast, Pool, and Internet for $66? I asked for 2 rooms with 2 adults and 2 kids in each room.

Thanks, Paige

Best guess for the Newport News/Williamsburg Intl Airport PHF is the Country Inn and Suites.

The other property is a match for the La Quinta Inn Williamsburg so that would be our best guess for that one.

Let us know which you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]