Hotwire Hotel: 4-star Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field

fticr
By fticr,
in

Welcome to the site :)

Is there a reason why you need to be in this neighborhood? I ask because, aside from the museum campus, there's really not much nearby. The only reason I'd recommend a hotel in this area would be for someone going to a convention at McCormick. This listing could also potentially be the Hyatt McCormick Place and, in that case, you'd be - aside from McCormick Place - pretty much middle of nowhere and a good trek (although I wouldn't even recommend walking - you'd have to take the train or cab) to the Loop or Michigan Ave area.

There is a 4* in the Loop zone for these dates for $89, which would appear to be the Palmer House Hilton. That would be a preferable location and $20 less per night.

Well, there's a conference that I'm attending on the North side of the river on Michigan (Marriott) and my wife and kids will be coming and I thought they could bounce around down there for the two days we're in town. I was thinking it was more of the Grant Park area, but I guess you are right, I don't really want this area. There weren't any openings in the MI-Streeterville area. Suggestions?

Is this for 2 adults/2 kids?

There is a 3.5* Boutique on Hotwire that appears when searching for 2 adults/2 kids in the NMA/WT/GC (which is essentially the North half of the Mag Mile area) area with the amenities: boutique, fitness, restaurant, business, internet, golf, tennis, spa for $142. This listing has not yet been identified, but if I were to venture a guess it would be the Affinia. If so, it would be about a 4-5 minute walk North of the Marriott.

This would be more expensive than the $109 Museum Campus, but if this is the Affinia, it would be walkable to the Marriott and you would save on cab cost.

Additionally, Orbitz has the Marriott where your meeting is (Marriott Mag Mile) for $199. Use promo code SUMMERFAM for 10% off = $179.10. Plus, this includes free meals for kids under 12.

If either of these ideas are of interest, it would be greatly appreciated if you could click on the site's links to Orbitz.com or HOTWIRE.com to start your purchase, as it does help the site.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]