What kind of scam is Priceline pulling????

candigirl
By candigirl,
in

Ok, this is a VENT! This morning, I went thru this site to PRICELINE to bid on a hotel room in Vegas. I bid 40 dollars for a 4 star, my stragety is all set, and of course it is declined. . . up pops a screen that says "enter the last 4 digits of your credit card" and of course I do, and then I get "do you want to display the unsecure information" or some such message, and seconds later I get an email "your offer was accepted". To my great surprise the accepted amount is 64 dollars, which I never bid, and I never got the counter offer screen either!!! I am so MAD!!!!

This is not the first time priceline has played fast and loose with me either! Oh no. . . last week I bid on a flight to Vegas, to have the offer accepted, and then I get a message saying it has been declined due to a problem with my credit card! I had no problems with the credit card, they were trying to get me to pay more for an offer they had already accepted! I am hereby DONE with Priceline!

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

it is declined. . . up pops a screen that says "enter the last 4 digits of your credit card"

And what did the rest of the screen have written on it... perhaps something about a counter-offer and enter your details to accept it?

If as you say your bid was already declined, why would you need to enter any more credit card info? My guess is that you didn't read the screen closely enough as to why you were entering the last four digits of your credit card number.

EDIT to ADD: can't seem to find your 'winning' bid (nor the airfare win you mentioned) on the board :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I thought I read in another thread that you'd hit "Refresh" after receiving the counter-offer. If I'm mistaken, please ignore this :) If you had hit "Refresh" at any point on that page rather than "Try Again Now" and then it took you to the cc confirmation page, it was because "Refresh" would have resubmitted a bid. Since the most recent bid Priceline's website had record of was the one they were trying to get you to submit, "Refresh" would have submitted that bid. Refresh also would have left the cc field blank, which is why the screen came up asking you to confirm your number. I agree that it's slightly unscrupulous to have it work that way with the refresh button, but perhaps your experience will serve to keep someone else from making the same mistake :)

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]