Priceline Hotel: NEW TO THIS - HOW DOES PRICELINE WORK

not2night
By not2night,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Before bidding again i'd make sure you have a clear understanding of the process as PRICELINE (and HOTWIRE) reservations are non-refundable/non-cancellable.

PRICELINE doesn't offer any 4* hotels in the Upper East Side zone, so i'm not sure what you bid previously.

As well, this isn't typically a frequently requested zone bid in NYC... are you familiar with NYC and have a specific need to stay in this area or what exactly is it that you're looking for?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

received a counter offer a few days ago from price line for $189 for 4* either dt soho/ empire state bldg/mid town east/ upper east, ...... was unable to accept or decline my putter crashed........ doubt this is still good, but before i try and say yes is this a good deal/ dated 7/15/08 to 7/17/08 , and is there any other fees other than the 13.375 % sales tax and the $3.50 per person per night tax?

You can usually undercut the counter-offer, as per Priceline Suggests Price to Pay.

If you let us know which zone(s) are you acceptable and your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you, 4* or 3* in either upper east side or midtown east, since I have pay priceline $20 on top of my bid (if i understand the terms and conditions correclty ) then my maxbid would be $170 assume that the $20 is the only thing other than the 13.375 and the per person..

I can let you know that the hospital Mt Sinai has a contract for $245 a night, this is with the courtyard uppereast side, I would like to stay there since it is close to the hospital and could walk back after my surgery butwould love to get the same hotel for much less than the $245 that would be wonderful

Note that the Courtyard on the Upper East Side has never been reproted to the board thru PRICELINE, so i would think that your chances of receiving it are low (although this is not a frequently bid area either... most prefer to stay more in midtown)... they may not even participate with PRICELINE, or they may not dicount their rates much (or at all) so that any users who do try to get a 2.5* in this zone end up booking direct as the amount of their bid gets close to a direct booking.

With PRICELINE there is no way to target a specific property... you are subject to receiving any hotel in the zone at the minimum star level that you select.

All PRICELINE hotel rooms have private baths.

Do you now want to try for a 2.5* in the UES or a higher rated hotel in the MTE zone?

you can tell by my questions and my postings I am scared to death, but I do know that the price of $245 for a room with ks bed,for 1, without any type of breakfast is really high in the upper east side...

This is not a pleasure trip and I will be having surgery on tuesday and will spend all day wednesday in the room . The surgery is at MT Sinai , but I have not problem taking a taxi after surgery to the hotel... but I want it to be cost effective considering the cost of the taxi , and I know nothing about NYC..

MTE is fine with me..

At the 3* level you have three re-bid zones. Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (NOTE: "re-bid zone1" is different than the zone priceline labels "zone 1")

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 3* MTE and re-bid zone2...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 3* MTE and re-bid zone3...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 3* MTE and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

There are 12 PRICELINE zones in NYC... but only 3 re-bid zones (at the 3* level).

Re-bid zones are zones which you can add to a previously rejected bid in order to bid again inside of the 24 hours lock-out period, but won't win a hotel in the re-bid zones since the zone only contains hotels rated less than the minimum star rating you have selected. (similar to how above you know you can't win a 3* hotel lin the UES zone since that zone currently only has hotels as high as 2.5 stars)

Are you able to identify your three re-bid zones, or should we try to break it down further for you?

[i will can not start till 6pm the zones i will want to stay in are zone 5 and 8, for 3*, zone 11 does not hve any 3* hotels, neither does zone 12, I may try 4* then accept a 3* that may be a better way to work this.

worse case I would accept a 2 1/2 in zone 11 upper est side but would not pay over $125 for it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]