Priceline Hotel: Priceline or Hotwire for one night in Madison

westie
By westie,
in

Arriving into MSN @ 7pm. Thinking about bidding for one night near airport, then driving to the Dells, the next day. Save on car for a day, as I am over the week rental by a day, and hotel in the Dells is $110 a night.

HOTWIRE has a 3* in Madison East, with shuttle, breakfast, fitness, pool, business, laundry, and net, for $58.

Or should I bid on PRICELINE for $45? If so, should I bid for downtown, or Madison East. Only concern would be what if no shuttle on my winning bid, although it looks like the Concourse downtown shows up the most.

May be nice to walk around Madison, before heading to the Dells.

Which hotel do you think the above 3* might be? Don't mind the $58, for the shuttle, and if it is downtown Madison.

Thanks.

Thanks. I would prefer to be downtown, can get out of hotel, and walk around. Don't pick up the car till next day, or leave car in garage.

Should I try for the Concourse, it looks like the only thing coming up for downtown.

La Quinta means I need car to go out to dinner.

Since there are other 3* hotels in the Madison area i think it's a risk to use PRICELINE and hope for the Concourse unless you're willing to accept, and would be happy with, the other hotels too. (do the other hotels offer shuttle service?)

Do yo know if the Clarion in Downtown Madison offers Shuttle service? Perhaps there is a public bus or other means of mass transit that could get you from the La Quinta to Downtown? (perhaps call them and ask your options to get downtown if you don't have a car)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

EDIT TO ADD: the 3* (Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access) on HOTWIRE appears to be the Clarion and the Clarion website indicates that they offer shuttle service (as well as free internet, breakfast, and evening social hour (although you'll probably be too late for that)). Not sure how 'downtown' it is but you can check that out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]