Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Chicago Suburbs (Schaumburg) Hotel Indigo

Tommymac
By Tommymac,
in

I am not sure where to post this - it is not really a bid win, but it seemed like a pretty good deal for anyone looking for a full package in the Chicago area over the 4th of July Week. Please feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum if misposted.

I thought this post would be of interest to others looking for similiar deals in the Chcago area. This is the first time I ever used PRICELINE for a complete package...and I'm excited!

I searched for a place for my wife and I to Vacation this year that would cost us less than $400 a person for up front costs - hotel and transportation. I didn't care where we went & searched many many destinations - we waited until the last minute to plan our Vacation this year - and because of the Gas prices we did not want to do our normal driving tour of a large area of the country we have never been too - this package fits our needs - a hopefully unique hotel in a Metro area with lots of things to do. I had almost given up hope - been searching for weeks now.

Got a flight, midsize car and 2.5* hotel (3 or 3.5 in Hotwire - can't tell) for 2 people for a total of $768 including all fees and taxes. This is for an 8 day/7 night stay in the Chicago area. Flying from Pittsburgh.

Best I can break it down is:

Airfare $100 per seat x2 = $200 (Flights for those dates are going for $120 per seat incl fees on most sites)

Car for 8 Days - $17/day x 8 = $136 (This was the total credited back if I removed the car from the package options)

Hotel - $44 per night x 7 = $312 w/o fees.

Fees & Taxes = $120

Total = $768

IMHO, Not Bad for such a unique looking property, on a Holiday Week. Especially considering this is spanning both Weekday and Weeknd, not to mention holiday, rates.

This rate seems in line with HOTWIRE and PRICELINE bids I could find for the property - some are much less, but they are form 1/2007 - not during a holiday period. Recent PL bids and HW offers seem to be in the $35-$50 range. I could have gotten a cheaper hotel package with a 1 or 2 star Exteneded Stay - but would have missed out on the character the Hotel Indigo seems to promise. It may be a second 'Honeymoon" for my wife and I! I'm hoping the hotel lives up to it's promise! (And that I can get Cubs tickets if they are in town!)

I used the PRICELINE link here on BB to get to the site. (and HOTWIRE, BetterChecker, hotel checker, flight checker links too; many times over the last 3 weeks in my searching for the best vacation). Thanks again for the wonderful site - I'll be back next year for vacation season, if not sooner!

Thank you for reporting your win.

What I would recommend would be to drive to the nearest Metra station (not far - I think the closest station is a mile or two away) and take the Metra (more information at metrarail.com) into the city. I would NOT (repeat NOT) recommend driving into the city. It is extremely expensive to park (anywhere) and traffic can be terrible. The Indigo chain is a fun, unique brand and I think the actual "look" of the properties is pulled off better when you see it in person than in pictures online.

You are also out towards some sights, including the giant Woodfield Mall.

Congratualtions on your success!

Glad to see you got a great deal and accomplished your goal of coming in under $400/pp for the weeklong stay.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our PRICELINE link to make your purchase.

Have a great trip and enjoy your 'second honeymoon'.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have stayed at this hotel several times - while not exactly in a hip, happening area, the Arlington Park Metra station is less than a mile away and you can get wherever you want to go (and an afternoon at the racetrack is not a half bad way to spend some time either!) The hotel is very nice - kind of a shabby beach chic theme. Beds are super comfy, color scheme is warm with various shades of blue and green. Staff is casual and friendly. It really is a cute hotel - it's just so out of place in the burbs! Ask for a room on a high floor in the back - you'll hear less noise from the trains which are across the street from the front of the hotel. As Aaron mentioned, Woodfield is fairly close, as is Deer Park Center, an outdoor mall with some trendy stores. The NW suburbs are easy to get around - lots of nice restaurants to choose from. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions - I live in the area, just like to stay in hotels closeby when I can get deals. Sounds like you got a great deal - Chicago is beautiful in the summer. Have a great visit!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]