Priceline Hotel: *4 June 25-July 1

Sara Sue
By Sara Sue,
in

We arrive late on June 25th and depart NYC on July 1st. We are hoping to stay in TS at a 4*. I have been unsuccessful at this point on priceline with my latest bid of 165 rejected. I have been using the rebidding strategy but have not yet managed to reserve a hotel. I'm wondering if I should at this point, go down to a 3* as our departure date is getting close?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I haven't looked at rates for your dates yet, but i would sooner consider other zones before lowering the star rating. Have you seen our thread on Hotels Near Times Square? Please give this a read first and then let us know your thoughts if you're still only willing to bid the Times Square zone.

Also, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am going to add MTE and MTW to the bidding process and go for 170. It appears this might be an expensive time to travel to NYC. I have never been so want the city experience however my friends have been several times and were hoping for something in Chelsea however the hotels in that area for the most part did not have very favorable reviews.

As it turns out, we have a third friend joining us at the last minute. This is a little problem as the quotes/price are usually only double occupancy. I'm wondering how much of an issue this will be in New York? Is it even possible to do or with the hotel be likely to "notice" our third person.

As far as splitting the bid, I've been considering however once we arrive in NY, I'd prefer to check-in once. On priceline, when I'm rebidding, what would be considered Gramercy?

At this point, we are reconsidering trying to book a vacation rental as it's becoming a little time consuming. Any suggestions there would be helpful as well.

Thanks.

I'm wondering how much of an issue this will be in New York? Is it even possible to do or with the hotel be likely to "notice" our third person.

This may likely be an issue as many hotel rooms in NYC are notoriously small, only have one bed, and don't have enough spce for even a rollaway. The hotel 'seeing' or 'caring' is probably the second concern you should have... should you get a small hotel room with only one bed would one member of your group be comfortable sleeping on the floor for a week? :)

HOTWIRE will allow you to search for up to triple occupancy and in NYC Is often a better option when looking ofr more than double occupcy. If you do a HOTWIRE search for your dates for triple occupancy (try 3adults as well as 2adults/1child) does anything show up within your price range?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]