Priceline Hotel: Bidding Advice for Downtown Denver or Cherry Creek

Wyomingtraveler
By Wyomingtraveler,
in

Hi all

A friend and I will in Denver on August 5 for one night. In the past I have always avoided Priceline or Hotwire, so that I could get a specific hotel in a specific location. Well in any event this time I decided to give Priceline a try. As we still have almost 2 months I followed the advice of another friend that suggest I start with a low ball bid for 4*star hotel in downtown Denver or Cherry Creek. Following this advice I started to put in a bid of $35. When doing this I noticed a message that stated that my chances of the bid being accepted was low. After playing around with my bid i found that it went away at $49, but decided to check out this board and found out that I should ignore it. I did and reentered my first bid of $35. This bid was was rejected. Any advice other than increased my bid by a couple of dollars every few days.

Thanks

Michael

:)

$35 would be too low for PRICELINE to consider a 4* hotel based upon their minimum price points.

You do have 9 re-bid zones avialable at the 4* level (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained)

If you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks

In the past I have paid for between $120 and $150, but we were not staying at a 4*star either. My friend told me that I should give his strategy a try, as he has gotten nicer rooms for a price well below those of 2* and 2 1/2* room. I was hoping to spend no more than $75 for a room. Only thing is that I forgot that the friend that is going with me will not use elevators and that is why we have not stayed at more than 2 1/2*, as they seem to be easier to get around using the stairs. In that case I will need to rethink which star levels I am bidding on. Also would for this lower star level (2 1/2* maybe) I would like to get a room for around $50.

Thanks again

Michael

Note that when you select a star rating it is the minimum you are willing to accept. Even if you bid for a 2.5* hotel PRICELINE will always try to upgrade you to a higher star rated property... so you could receive a 3* or 4* hotel on your 2.5* bid if those higher rated hotels have lower price points loaded into the system.

If you must have a 2-3 story hotel (motel?) you may want to consider HOTWIRE instead if you can identify the property beforehand (still a risk in that you have to 'guess' correctly)... we'll try to help id any properties offered which you're interested in.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]