eBay hotel nights

NEO_Vega
By NEO_Vega,
in

I had been trying to get my 1st night in to a 3 night stay in the NYC area at a lower price ($39 or less) to cut total costs.

I had already been successful getting 2 nights near Newark airport for $60 (plus $15 parking).

My early Hotwire probes were at $39 and I was trying to beat that. Now it looks like HOTWIRE doesn't have anything in Parsippany under $49 . Priceline bids were not getting me anything $39 or less. I started worrying that it was going to get worse not better.

Then I found that there are several listings on eBay for hotel night in major destination for $25-$30, including Newark and JFK. You have to check for availability with the seller . You can not get multiple nights.

So I ended up getting the Newark Howard Johnson for $25 plus a $15 parking fee.

While i've used ebay (both as purchaser and seller) you need to be very careful when it comes to travel as there are a LOT of scams in this category in particular.

Glad you found something that works for your needs, but i'd also suggest you read these reviews to set your expectations, as the reviews are generally not very good.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... suggest you read these reviews to set your expectations, as the reviews are generally not very good.
I had seen those reviews, and reasoned that we will be getting in late. After an 8 hour drive, I will be able to sleep anywhere, knowing I have a much nicer 3 star for the next 2 nights. And we will be moving on early the next morning, so the ambiance of a nice hotel would be wasted.

The advantage here is that I knew it was going to be the HOJO before I made my purchase, unlike HOTWIRE or PRICELINE.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]