Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Costa Mesa-Irvine) Doubletree Santa Ana

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

A Friday/Saturday night stay. $109 at Doubletree.com. $59 on HOTWIRE.

Doubletree Santa Ana/Orange County

201 East Macarthur Blvd

Santa Ana, CA 92707

$65 for 2.5* was rejected in four other zones: Laguna Beach, Dana Point/San Clemente, Seal Beach/North Huntington, and Newport/Huntington.

First bid of $45 for 2.5* in Costa Mesa/Irvine was accepted with an upgrade to 3*. I've stayed at this Doubletree before and it's a nice hotel.

Parking is $14/night, but I dodged that last time.

Bids placed through the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

Mr. Doubletree isn't going to like me but I didn't pay the $14/night parking and I didn't pay the $9.95/night for Internet. Yes, I DID tip the maid.

PARKING: Self parking in an underground garage. It's free in the daytime and you're supposed to buy a $14 permit for overnight. Signs about the $14 fee posted prominently at the garage's ungated entrance, again at the front desk, and they asked me at checkin if I was parking a car and needed a permit. I said no.

My car wasn't ticketed or towed. I stayed here one weekend last year and it was the same story then. Looking around the garage it seemed about 1/3 of the overnight parkers didn't have permits. Maybe they only enforce on weekdays? I don't know. Your results may vary.

INTERNET: $9.95/night for wired internet, but I picked up a strong wireless signal in my room. Two of them in fact.

• 3 months later...
Nice job, thereuare! That must have been a lot of work. Thanks for the time you spend keeping BetterBidding pulled together.

Amen.

Mrs. mbstone has a handicapped placard and we parked overnight in the handicapped space without being hassled (which is the law in California, but some hotels have illegally tried to charge for parking in the hotel's handicapped spaces)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]