Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (NMA-River North) Doubletree Mag Mile

tracyy
By tracyy,
in

Tried 3 days to get 3* or 4* hotel in NMA or MP up to $65 but failed. Saw people bid Hyatt in MP btw $59 to $65. Not sure if I still have chance to get it and worth to try it in the continuous days. Or I should go up?

Will have 4 adults with a toddler. Prefer to get a double bed room.

Welcome to the site :)

Keep in mind that you have no guarantee when using Priceline that you will get a double bed room, as Priceline rooms are only guaranteed to have a single bed.

If you are willing to potentially not get two beds and want to continue with Priceline, I don't believe you're too far off. I would continue bidding for a 4* in either MP or NMA for $70, then $75 24 hours after if $70 is not accepted. Given the fairly low (for the Summer in Chicago) retail prices of the hotels that I'm seeing, I wouldn't raise the bid very quickly - just by $5 each time.

We ask that you please use our link to PRICELINE to visit PRICELINE, as starting your purchase by clicking the PRICELINE link does help the site.

Can you confirm that this was a 4*? I ask because the hotel was previously a hotel called the City Centre hotel, which was a 3* - but was recently renovated in order to become the Doubletree.

If you don't mind about a 15 minute walk (a very nice walk, through the river north & mag mile area) there is this parking idea:

The Sterling Self-Park Garage

(located between Clark and LaSalle on Kinzie)

$24 per day

In by 7 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $14

In by 9 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $18 per day

After 3 p.m. and weekends - $6

Their rates are now a bit higher than listed above - you'd have to call for current rates.

I believe this property is still rated 3* by PRICELINE, tracyy can you please doublecheck what your winning bid confirmation email/page reads (or thru the MY TRIPS link at PRICELINE)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I placed another bid on 6/18/08 and got the exact hotel for the same price. As already spent a lot on hotels, really don't want to spend a lot on parking. I don't need the car during the stay. Plan to park around U of Chicago(50th to 55th st.). Might get free parking over there. But a little bit concern about the safety. Any comments on parking in that area?

Parking around the U of Chicago area would be an idea I'd strongly not recommend. I'd worry about it from a safety issue and I'd worry about it from the issue of your car being ticketed/towed/"etc." As for it being ticketed or towed, it's one of those "city" things where it could look like free parking, but there's a sign down the street hidden by bushes or something. It happens. Again though, the fact that it's not a great area is a primary concern.

Additionally, the U of Chicago is absolutely nowhere near your hotel. It would be a VERY long trip to your car. It's absolutely not worth saving a few bucks to park there.

This would be much closer to your hotel. The rates are a little higher now than what's listed below.

The Sterling Self-Park Garage

(located between Clark and LaSalle on Kinzie)

$24 per day

In by 7 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $14

In by 9 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $18 per day

After 3 p.m. and weekends - $6

A couple blocks away from your hotel on the corner of McClurg and Illinois is the Fox and Obel Cafe and Market (fox-obel.com) That's a great choice for a casual meal and they are open for breakfast. Your hotel is in a very nice area a few blocks from the lake.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]