DFW - HNL Airfare

grant wiscour
By grant wiscour,
in

Hello fellow frugal travelers,

Thanks for all the good advise and input on this site. I have studied and reviewed and am ready for some input.

After returning in May from Hawaii we are already working on our next trip. Overcoming costs is always key.

We will use FF Miles for one ticket and purchase the second ticket.

On our last trip the two airline tickets I bought through priceline were $525/each.

Tickets have gone up since then (I didn't have the miles accumulated for the free ticket a few weeks ago when the Hawaii tickets went so cheap).

Our travel dates will be approximately 9/18/08 through 9/27/08. This morning I placed a bid (through the bb PRICELINE link) of $405. I have been increasing my offer by about three to five dollars every few days.

Any ideas on where the ticket will really be bought? It looks like the $709 might be it unless more specials are released. Does this sound like a good strategy? Any thoughts on more short-terms specials being repeated?

We stay at a rental house on the north shore and will priceline a rental car as well. Last time I think the car was @ $14/day.

Thanks in advance for your guidance

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not sure how much it will ultimatley take, but if you're willing to bid higher at the moment you can probably do so using the city technique in this Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding thread.

Thank you for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Our travel dates will be approximately 9/18/08 through 9/27/08. This morning I placed a bid (through the bb PRICELINE link) of $405. I have been increasing my offer by about three to five dollars every few days.

Any ideas on where the ticket will really be bought? It looks like the $709 might be it unless more specials are released. Does this sound like a good strategy? Any thoughts on more short-terms specials being repeated?

looked at kayak.com and saw $800 from airlines, and $716 from Orbitz, so I would hope you can do better than $709...

http://www.kayak.com/s/flights.jsp?searchi...;completed=true

looking at their tracker chart view, that trip has been below $700 a lot recently... with one dip below $600!

I just looked at Travelocity's flexible flying search -- There's a good deal on US Air (586/20 &125/542). Fly one stop in PHX on US Air for $716!! So, no, Priceline is not giving you much of a deal right now!

be patient.

and yes, try different cities.

also, if you can change dates, maybe you can find better fares?

good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]