ropster
By ropster,
in

3* - Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

2600 Louisiana Blvd. NE

Albuquerque, NM 87110

(505) 881-0000

June 2004 - $48 per night

Hotel wont accomidate hotwire customers with specific room requests.

amenities:

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

This was the first and only time so far that I have had a problem with a Hotwire partner.

After I made the reservation I called the hotel and asked for a room with one king bed, the hotel said since I booked on the internet I need to go talk to the internet site for specific room request. I explained how hotwire works, and they said there is nothing they can do for me, and that they were out of King rooms for that date anyway. I said ok, and left it at that.

My wife and I arrived at the hotel to check in, and my car was one of ten in the parking lot at 4:00 in the afternoon. I checked in and again asked for a king bed, the front desk said no problem they have plenty of king rooms available, but it will cost me an extra $7. I said I will take it, then the guy said since I booked on priceline?? I will have to call them to request a king room. I educated him on how hotwire works, and he did not seem to care and would not budge. I said forget it, and he gave me a room with two beds. The room was nice and in a good location I would have just preferred a king bed seeing that they had plenty available.

I emailed hotwire after all of this, and they apologized. They said if this ever comes up again to please call them right away and they will try and work with the hotel to accomidate a specific request.

Sometimes people just don't 'get it'. :)

At least with Hotwire you could have reached somebody on the phone... if it was a Priceline reservation you might as well have given up earlier in the conversation.

What bothers me the most in situations such as this is that you were probably a bit annoyed about it for the 24 hours (and maybe now as you re-tell the story)... that front desk clerk never thought about it again as soon as you left the check-in desk.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would write a nice letter to the hotel GM and let them know how you were treated.I would also write to Sheraton customer service to let them know how dirty this hotel was and all the problems you had while you were there.Maybe they can send someone over there for a surprise inspection resulting in a few fines.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]