Unusually slow response time this weekend???

DeltaPurser
By DeltaPurser,
in

I've been bidding like crazy this weekend/beginning of next week for a little getaway, but ALL my bids - even for areas that I consider "sure bids" - have been rejected. I'm talking $10 over what usually is accepted...

I also noticed that it's been taking a looooooong time to get a response on my bids since yesterday (Friday, June 18th). Is it just me, or are others having the same problems? What used to take less than a minute now seems to take 5-10 minutes...

Anyone?

DeltaPurser :)

I did a bid yesterday and got a typical counteroffer quickly (didn't take it, because I only wanted a room if it was really cheap). So Priceline seemed to be acting normally.

Anyway, sometimes people have reported this and it seems like it might have been an inexplicable problem with their credit card. Next time you bid, I'd try a different credit card than you typically use, if that's possible.

Thanks for your input WillTravel... I'll try using a different credit card next.

It gets even stranger though... I was just able to enter a duplicate bid (same city, zone, starlevel, higher amount)... And I didn't get the "We're sorry, our records indicate you have already....."-message. It just came back as "We're sorry, we were unable to locate a hotel...".

I give up! Hope it works tomorrow...

DeltaPurser :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]