Hotwire, Hotwire Savings plan and Dealpass

kbconsul
By kbconsul,
in

I received an email that I was now registered for the Hotwire Savings Plan ($8/month) at the same time I purchased tickets for a flight last month. I know well that I didn't enroll. Dealpass is the administrator for this plan, and when I called Hotwire (after I unenrolled) they said it was impossible for me to get enrolled without my authorization.

Has anyone else run into this?

Ken Burton

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There is often a checkbox (or Priceline uses a "Click Here to Get Your Reward") and in the fineprint it states the monthly fee. Not sure how you got enrolled, but 'sneakly' policies like this will eventually hurt any company and i wish no company did this.

Fortunately companies know that in situations such as this consumers have the upper hand with their credit card companies and usually reverse the charge and cancel the 'membership' with little or no hassle.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]