Priceline Hotel: bidding in Green River, UT

wanderlustre5280
By wanderlustre5280,
in

I've used PL with success in big cites, but what can expect for a small town like Green River, UT? I will likely be passing through there next Tues. and was wondering how effective using PL would be in such a place.

PL list 1 & 2* there. Comfort Inn (usually my generic chain of choice) is 76.50 w/AAA disc and says only 1 room left on their site. Holiday inn is at $89.

Should I even bother, and where should I start out with bidding?

As per our support page we're affiliate of the Comfrot Inn... hopefully you used our link there to begin your reservation. :)

As far as bidding, if you bid $69 there would be no advantage/discount for the 'unknowns' (and non-cancellable nature) of your opaque booking... your bid price should be $69 less how much you would need to save to make the 'unknowns' worth the risk.

I would want to save at least $15-20 (some would need to save more... others less) so i would be be capping my bid at $50-$55.

If that's the case i would start at $40 or $45 (depending upon if your limit is $50 or $55) for a 2* property and increase $5 every 24 hours for the next couple of days which should bring you up to your limit in time to cancel your back-up reservation if successful.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid at $40 & $45 - both were rejected. I had some timing issues so that's all I've done. However, we've decided that we're not willing to pay more than $50 for the convenience of driving 1/2 way to our destination, so now I'm thinking we'll go down to 1* and shoot for a Rodeway Inn. It's just for one night and it's in the middle of nowhere, Utah - how bad can it be?

Rodeway lists at $50 on the Choice site - Should I start at $25 or $30? My time is limited = we hope to leave about 20 hours from now.

support page links followed - except on re-bid at work..... :)

If you only have one zone you're willing to accept (don't know if there are other nearby zones which are equally acceptable) then you really only have one shot at it... i'd bid whatever you are willing to pay for an 'unknown' hotel. DO research your best rate outside of the opaque providers, as often with the PRICELINE or HOTWIRE fee, the price begins to become very close to a traditional purchase.

Good luck and let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is only one zone.

There's is pretty much nothing - not even a gas station - for about 100 miles to the east and at least that to the west. Grand Jct, CO, the city to the east, is hosting several events around this time, and is at about $140-160 for a basic room. Moab is 50 miles to the south, and I think Green River basically just serves as a starting out point and overflow for people headed there and interstate travelers passing thru.

There are quite a few of old-school motels there that aren't listed on travel sites, so I think we're just going to wing it and try for one of those. thanks for your help! You've assisted me in the past with other stays and it's always very much appreciated!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]