Hotwire Hotel: 2* Alexandria Old Town Days Inn South

AzCat
By AzCat,
in

Hi, I just found you today and I hope I post this right.

Anyway. Late in the night of May 29, 2008, I agreed to a 2* hotel in Alexandria VA for June 3 and 4, 2008 for a list price of $84 per night. 2 night total ended up being $193.63. The hotel is the Days Inn Alexandria - South. Note: There is another Days Inn in Alexandria so please note this is the "SOUTH" location. According to tripadviser.com the south location is preferable to the other location.

Booking through their website, the room would have been $100 so there was a little savings.

Details for your 2-star hotel in Alexandria and Old Town

Hotel Details

Check in: Tue, Jun 3, 2008

Check out: Thu, Jun 5, 2008

Hotel name:

Hotwire Hotel Supplier

Economy

Ratings Guide

Our 2-star hotel suppliers include:

Comfort Inn, La Quinta, Days Inn, plus other top brands and quality hotels.

Hotel Amenities

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Alexandria and Old Town: Seaport town with a historic district and Metro access to DC

According to the clerk at the Days Inn - South, it is a 12 1/2 minute walk to the nearest Metro stop, but according to the Days Inn - South website, it is a 1 and 1/2 MILE walk. I can't do that in 12 minutes especially while lugging my suitcases etc. I doubt many people can.

To be honest, I am not excited about this upcoming stay and wish I had more notice that I was traveling and had time to make better choices. It is just that everything in the area is already so picked over, I figured if I was going to stay in an inconvenient dump, I might as well pay less money for it. HOPEFULLY, this "hotel" will meet the standard that Hotwire claims it will and fulfill their end of the agreement and I will fulfill my end of it. The good news is I can quit obsessing over finding lodging and get started preparing for my trip.

By the way, I did not try Priceline. I had used HOTWIRE last September and ended up with a nice room at the Holiday Inn near Disneyland and was quite happy. I didn't know about your site back then so I didn't post the information, but I remember it was a 3* rating if that helps.

Good luck and happy bargain hunting to everyone.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your HOTWIRE results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

In the future if you're unsure about a hotel's identity, feel free to ask for help before you make your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

I know this is LATE, but I thought I should let you know that the Days Inn South was really quite nice and it really was only a 12 minute walk to the nearest metro station (get directions from the clerk... if you just stay on the main route, it will take closer to 1/2 hour). Another plus was the friendly office staff. If there were extra people on duty, they would drive you to the metro station for free. They were able to drive us every time but they don't pick you up at the metro station.

Again, sorry for being so late with this information, but I thought that I should let you know that it was not the "dump" I was expecting it to be. It's still not the most convenient location when visiting DC but it is clean and the staff were helpful and very friendly.

Oh, and one more thing, the city bus will pick you up at the metro station and it runs right past the hotel so you can ride to the hotel for about $1.35 if you'd rather not walk or if the weather is bad.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]