Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) La Jolla Hyatt Regency

bbrindeiro
By bbrindeiro,
in

2004! Bid $50 for the Downtown San Diego area 9/10-9/13, was rejected, then bid $60 and chose san diego coastal and got the Hyatt Regency La Jolla. This is supposed to be a really nice place.

Last year paid $80 for san diego coastal and got Hyatt Regency Islandia-what a dump. The main part of the hotel is fairly nice, but they put us in a different building behind the hotel tower, and the nicest thing in the room was a marble counter in the bathroom! The bedroom looked like a quality inn; I've stayed at nicer Holiday Inns!

I'm new to PL so I'm curious. How can you bid for the SD Coastal area and risk getting the Hyatt Islandia which you didn't like? Isn't it risky to bid for a 4* in that zone if it includes a hotel you don't want to get stuck with? I'm curious because I'd like to try bidding in that zone but don't want the Islandia since you think it's a dump (I'm sure I'll agree with you.)

Despite it being apparently a "dump" (never been there), the Hyatt Islandia has substantially higher Priceline rates than the La Jolla Hyatt - I believe their lowest Priceline rate is around $65. So, to avoid the Islandia, keep the bid below $65. If the Hyatt La Jolla has PL availability, their PL rate starts at $49. So start your SD Coastal 4* bid at $49 unless the lowest rates found on hyatt.com are unusually high.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]