Priceline Hotel: Paris Bidding Help June 22-27

lmldds
By lmldds,
in

I have been trying to bid for Paris for the last 2 weeks and have been unsuccessful. Since this is my first time to Paris, I prefer a centrally located hotel, near a metro station. So far, I have mainly tried only 3 zones repeatedly: Champs-Elysees, St Germain/Latin Quarter, and Les Halles. Today, I added Bastille-Bercy because I noticed a 4-star offered in that area that looked nice. I have avoided the Eiffel Tower region bc I dont want to end up with the Pullman Rive Gauche. My highest bid so far is 150. My maximum would be 180, and I prefer to stick to a 4 star, unless a 3-star would be significantly cheaper. Should I just increase my bid as I have been, or do you suggest splitting my stay for better results?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

There is no right or wrong answer, but I would probably incrase your bidding up to $180 before trying to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, but it really comes down to how much you feel changing hotels during your stay is an 'inconvenience'.

My guess is that you'll likely need to split the bid or lower your star rating, as i'm not sure if $180 will be enough for a 4* for the dates above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd definitely book a backup hotel, because this is a relatively long stay and you might not succeed at your desired price. A $180 bid + taxes and fees would equate to about a 115-120 Euro per night hotel, which is even below the price of some 2* hotels. I checked the website of the 3* hotel I stayed at in Paris in March, to recommend as a backup, but it has no availability. That indicates to me that you are going during a high-demand period. For a backup, two sites where you can book cancellable hotels are Accorhotels.com (available through a Betterbidding link) and www.hrs.de, but of course check the specific terms in each case.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]