Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Palmer House Hilton

goingtochicago
By goingtochicago,
in

We are planning our first trip to Chicago for July and I would like to know if anyone might have an idea of what hotel this Hotwire deal may be...

Thanks a lot for your help! We're really looking forward to discovering the windy city!

Here are the details for that Hotwire offer:

4* hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville

Customer favourite, lowest price guaranteed, best value

$119 per night

Hotel Amenities

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Customer Reviews

Traveler Rating(4.5 out of 5)Based on:120+ customer reviewsLast Reviewed:May 2008

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The above matches the Hard Rock, Hyatt, and Westin River North, so either of these would be our best guess. Unfortunately HOTWIRE doesn't give any additional clues as to which one this is, but based upon recent trends i'd guess the Hyatt Regency, but that's just a guess and if you purchase the above i'd be prepared for any of the aboev (or some other, yet unreproted, property)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

May be a moot point now as this property is currently showing for $185/nite on my recent HOTWIRE search.

If you search HOTWIRE are you still seeing the $119/nite rate? (or anything close to that)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still looking for decently-priced accommodations in Chicago - can anyone help me figure this one out? Thanks!

Hotel Details

Check in:Sat, Jul 19, 2008 Check out:Wed, Jul 23, 2008

3.5 star hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast

$119

Hotel Amenities

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Customer Reviews

Traveler Rating(3.5 out of 5)Based on:160+ customer reviewsLast Reviewed:May 2008

Given the retail prices I'm seeing for hotels for these dates, I'd rather recommend trying an $85 bid for a 4* in the River North/NMA area on Priceline. No guarantee what you'll get via Priceline, but I think an $85 bid for a 4* in the RN/NMA area could possibly be accepted.

Excellent deal, and the Palmer House Hilton is a very good location in the center of the Loop area, nearby three different CTA stations. The hotel is also very historic, with one of the more grand, beautiful hotel lobbies you're going to find in the US. If you are looking for a quick breakfast/lunch/dinner, there is a Corner Bakery (see cornerbakery.com for menu/details) on Monroe/Wabash, which is essentially the NE corner of the square block that the Palmer House hotel takes up. It's in the structure where the hotel is - just head out the front door on Monroe and walk 1/2 block E.

You're also a very short walk from Millennium Park and the Art Institute.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear of your success and such a great deal which should work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

While looking to plan your Chicago activities, also check out our companion site Things To Do 411.com

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]