Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown) Westin

SavvyRoger
By SavvyRoger ,
in

Hi,

I'm bidding on a 4* hotel in downtown Seattle for June 12, 2008 for 3 nights. Started with $120, which was rejected. I waited the required 24 hours and tried $122 and then $125. Both were rejected. Today I tried adding zones that I was confident did not have 4* hotels, such as Lake Union, Lynwood, Bothell and Everett. Now I am up to $130, but still no luck.

This seems strange, as other bidders ahve been successful with bids of $130 or less. Also last week my cousin was successful bidding $120 for the same period. He ended up with the Westin.

Should I just keep adding zones such as Seattle University and North Everett and increasing my bids? Or should I start over with another strategy, maybe going for a 3* hotel?

Thanks.

And I started with your link to PRICELINE.

Roger

Rates are date specific, so an accepted bid for one nite can easily not be enough for the following nite.

There are LOTS of things which can affect demand, but in Seattle during the summer cruise ship passengers is a factor. Looking at Cruise Port Schedules shows 9 ships in port during your three day stay. Not sure if any of them are just 'passing thru', but assuming most of them are embarking/disembarking that is a lot of cruisers, many of which will be arriving before their cruise or extending their vacation a few nites after their cruise... and they all need hotel rooms.

Whether you choose to increase your bid or lower your star rating depends upon your budget and how much the 'hotel experience' effects your vacation experience. I don't think it's just one nite that's preventing your acceptance, but you could always try SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID if that is an option.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise according.

Thanks for using the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your bidding and purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Starwood site is currently down, but i seem to recall when i checked earlier today that the Seattle Westin was sold-out for your dates above... please CHECK HERE and let us know if you find the same, as this will also let us know when the starwood site is live again, and we'll be able to continue to help with your stay above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]