Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on the Hudson

slarrow
By slarrow,
in

Hello,

I am new to this forum and am planning a trip to NYC. After reading several posts, I would like to stay at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson. I am on a limited budget and would love to get this hotel for $100 a night. I noticed several people got this for less than $100. I have never used priceline before and I have a couple of questions. How can I be sure to get this hotel? Also,

what do I need to do to attempt at getting this for my target price if I can. I went to priceline and put in a bid of $85 to start for a 3* hotel and I got a screen to try again, but I had to change my target area or hotel star rating. It wouldn't let me rebid with a higher amount. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My wife and I are going to a Yankee game for our 2nd wedding anniversary. It will be our first trip to NYC. Any advice would be great!!! Thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How can I be sure to get this hotel?
You can not bid on a specific hotel (otherwise everyone would bid on the hotel they want instead of booking direct). The deep discounts available are in exchange for being flexible in your plans and not choosing the speicfic property.

If you are trying to target a specific property, HOTWIRE is usually a better option.

However, rates for your dates average over $300/nite at this property, so i think your chances of success are very low.

Let us know how you would like to procced or if there are other areas you're willing to consider.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking for a nice hotel with close access to the Path to go to NYC. I know there are two in the Jersey City area that have good reviews, the hyatt and the courtyard. I was under the assumption that if I choose a 3* hotel in Jersey City, that would limit the hotel choices to only a couple and it seemed from previous messages many people got the hyatt when they chose those options together. I would love to get this hotel for $100, but I would spend up to $150+taxes/fees for it. What is the best way to proceed to get the best possible chance at getting this hotel. If I get another hotel close to the PATH, that would be fine also. By the way, if anyone has any other suggestions about possible places to stay, please let me know. I will be driving from Pittsburgh to NYC for a Sunday-Tuesday trip. I really don't want to bother driving in the city so I want to use the Path and keep my car parked where the fees won't be extremely expensive. Thanks for any suggestions

I was under the assumption that if I choose a 3* hotel in Jersey City, that would limit the hotel choices to only a couple and it seemed from previous messages many people got the hyatt when they chose those options together. I would love to get this hotel for $100, but I would spend up to $150+taxes/fees for it.
Yes, there are only a few hotels in this area at the 3* level, but that doesn't mean that you will receive the Hyatt which is what you stated in your original post... you could receive any 3* hotel in this zone.

Rates, both 'opaque' and 'retail', are date specific, so while some have won a 3* hotel in this area for under $100, it's not typically the case when hotel direct rates are in the $300's (which is where the Hyatt is currently priced... i didn't look at the other hotels in the area).

If you want to give it a try, you have one re-bid zones when bidding 3* in the Jersey City area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your response. After further research and your suggestion about hotwire, I checked HOTWIRE through your link. With the hotel descriptions on the hotwire site and your hotwire message board, I was able to find something interesting. For a 4* hotel on hotwire in the New Jersey -hoboken-jersey city code, the price is $300 for my dates of stay. If I pick the next week or week before, the 4* hotel with the same description is around $150 a night. Something must be going on during the week I have planned my visit. I think I will try to find another time to visit, maybe the week after. Thank you very much for your insight and help. I will probably post a message over on the hotwire side of this board. Thank you again.

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much for this website. I got Hyatt on the Hudson for $75 a night for the dates of July 27 & 28. I've been reading this board daily and following patterns. When I first attempted my PRICELINE bid, HOTWIRE listed these dates for $229. I bid 85 and then 90. I bid quite a few times and even bid up to $110, but to no avail. Then about two weeks ago, I noticed hotwire drop their price to $149. I tried bidding 85 and 93 a couple of times, but again no luck. I noticed from a couple of other posts that won the Hyatt for $75 that hotwire dropped the price to $129 for those dates. Today I checked hotwire and my dates were $129 so I bid $75 and my bid was accepted on the first try. I tried to extend my stay for Saturday also, but was denied. If it wasn't for everyone's posts, I wouldn't have gotten this low price. Thanks to all, also I used your links for HOTWIRE and PRICELINE about five times a week over the past month.

I just posted this on my request thread but I thought I'd enter my win on a new thread for everyone to see. I just got the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson in Jersey City for $75 a night for July 27 & 28. I've been following this for about 2 months and my persistancy paid off. When hotwire was listing the hotel for $149, my bids up to $100 were not accepted. Once I even tried $110, but was denied. Today, hotwire dropped its price to $129 and based on other people's wins, I bid $75 it my first offer was accepted!!!! Thanks to this board, I can enjoy my vacation without overspending on a hotel. Now only if there was a place to park. Does anyone know of any alternative to the valet parking at the Hyatt. I am willing to walk?? I always used the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links. THANKS!!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see that rates dropped for you and you were able to get the hotel you wanted within your budget. We're happy that the information on the board was helpful in your bidding. I'm sure you'll be happy here as it is a great hotel. If you're still looking for an additional nite for this stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINEl ink to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- send me a PM tomorrow regarding the parking issue

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]