Priceline Hotel: Looking for Hotel at Niagara Falls

DawnOfTheDead
By DawnOfTheDead,
in

First off, let me start by saying this is an excellent site. My compliments to those who keep this board running.

I am trying to use priceline to book a hotel in the St. Catherines Niagara Falls area for 8/26 - 8/28 (Thursday and Friday night). I saw previous posters who got the Renaissance Hotel for $35 a night. I have tried bidding from $35 up to $80 with no luck. I figure either the hotel is crowded, and they are not giving out any more priceline rooms, or maybe they do not want to give out a room for the Friday without the Saturday stay. My question is this, if I am able to add the Saturday night stay to my dates and get the hotel for $35, am I able to check out early and just pay for the extra day even though I won't be there? Paying for 3 nights at $35 still works out cheaper than going any higher than I have already bid.

Thanks in advance for any help or other bidding suggestions.

The $35 rate for Niagara Hotels are only available during low season, mainly October to end of May when hotel rates for most 3/4* hotels are in the neighborhood of Cad $100.

In the summer, hotels are extremely busy, especially in the weekends. Hence they charge a fortune and this is how they make money in order to cover for the low season months. Having said that, you won't likely be succesful in getting $35 room in August and will probably take around US$100-120 bid per night. Hence, no need to bid for the additional night.

BTW, did you bid 3* or 4*? You could consider going down to 2.5* in St Catherines and also the Niagara Falls region to get better deals.

I didn't know the exact season begin/end but i suspected the low $35 rates were off-season.

If you'd like to bid higher than $80 let us know and we'll try to suggest a bidding strategy for you.

Some other suggestions would be to try some of the zones on the NY side of the falls OR edyvr suggests staying in the town of Hamilton in this NIAGARA FALLS post.

... and thanks for the site compliments, they're very much appreciated and mean a lot to me.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]