Priceline Hotel: Renaissance Orlando Resort at Seaworld

runNgun
By runNgun,
in

Renaissance Orlando Resort - * * * *

Orlando, Florida

In sunny Orlando, fantasy attractions await you. The award-winning, 778-room Renaissance Orlando Resort is at the heart of it all. Sea World is across... Hotel Details

based on a package I was searching for 11/4-8 it seems the Renaissance has been downgraded to 4* from Resort. This place is great so I assume the downgrade had more to do with priceline politics than anything else.

hmmm...... I wonder if they just call it a 4* in the package deals, but still call it a Resort* when you get it on Priceline's regular bidding? Just a thought. I think we should watch to see what a regular bidder has this hotel labeled, before jumping to any conclusions. I'll be watching. :) We got this hotel for this Christmas and it was called Resort*. But of course I bid for it ages ago.

Pomcoach :)

I wonder if they just call it a 4* in the package deals, but still call it a Resort* when you get it on Priceline's regular bidding?

I don't think Priceline could ever do this. Although there is no standard for hotel ratings within the industry, there has to be consistency within the same company. If not, users could easily 'force' Priceline to cancel reservations where the hotel they received was rated lower elsewhere on their own site.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's interesting as they haven't dropped resort bidding for this zone and the Renaissance was the only "reported" resort in the zone.....so.........me thinks they might now have access to some onsite Universal properties or maybe expect to.....then again

it could also be to shield this hotel as it was one of the easiest to get since their price was consistent ($69 to $85) and if you just search for your dates with a vacation package and saw it open you could then bid for hotel only and have lots of free rebids.

how many hits a week does this site get from Stamford, CT. anyway?????? lol.

I have a reservation via priceline at the Renaissance Orlando Sea World for mid August. I received a call from priceline and also an e-mail. The pool will be unavailable from 6-29 through 8-23 at this property. They will offer shuttle service to their sister resorts - Residence Inn Sea World and JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes - to use their pool facilities. I have 48 hours to decide if I want to keep the reservation or cancel it.

I've stayed at the Residence Inn and their pool is fine. The pool at JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes also has a lazy river according to their website. If anyone has stayed at this property, please let me know your thoughts on the pool area.

I'll bet this is the reason the property has been downgraded to a 4* instead of a resort.

Wow, sorry I haven't been on this board for awhile, so I didn't see the post that was to me, above.

Anyway, yes, I went to Priceline and put in my request # and e-mail for my winning bid for Dec. 17th, 2004, Friday night. And indeed it says 4*!! And I have my printout from when I actually got the bid in March, which says You got your price of $69 for a Resort hotel room. But here's what the screen says now:

Congratulations, you got your price of $69 for a 4-star hotel room.

And it shouldn't be the "Pool under renovation" think either, because it should be all fixed up by Christmastime when I'm there.

I'm so surprised because everything I've read makes this hotel sound even better than most of the Resort* level's in the WDW area. Does this mean that we would have to bid 4* to get this hotel now? And does this mean that it might come in for less now? And does this mean that there's an even higher quality Resort* level in this area now that's participating with Priceline? (Enquiring minds want to know!! :)

Pomcoach :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]