Priceline Hotel: 3* Greenville-Spartanburg (Greenville) Hyatt Regency

galileocan
By galileocan,
in

I was trying to bid on a 4* hotel in Greenville, which of course is the Westin Poinsett. This is the second time I've tried, and because the hotel has a very low regular rate right now on both Priceline and the Westin web site ($119/nt), I thought this was the time I could finally bid on this hotel and win it. Not to be. I tried several times over the last week, and went as high as $90 for the night which is only $20 below the rack rate price. To me this means that the Westin Poinsett probably does not participate in the Buy It Now program with Priceline. com Can anyone advise differently?

So I decided to go for a 3* hotel in Greenville and won on the first bid. I figured I might get the Hyatt and seeing it at $105 for the night, I bid at $40. Bid accepted. I may have won it in the high $30 range, but nevertheless, this rate is excellent and represents a 62% savings off an already discounted rate at the Hyatt of $105 for the night. I'm very pleased, as should my boss who I'm saving his money! :)

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $40.00

Subtotal: $40.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $11.57

Total Charges*: $51.57

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board.

...the Westin Poinsett probably does not participate in the Buy It Now program with Priceline. com Can anyone advise differently?
I don't think that you can make this conclusion... the hotel could participate but not discount very much. They could participate, but only offer a $5-$25 discount, and your bidding was not high enough to win their property.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]