Priceline Hotel: San Antonio/Sea World

TXSooner19
By TXSooner19,
in

Hi,

Just registered and am PSYCHED that I got ahold of this website. Not a clue how to post so here goes:

We are staying in San Antonio: checking in June 6th and checking out June 8th.

Going to Sea World and Riverwalk. I've been told it would be easier/cheaper to stay out towards Sea World. Have also heard the area around the air base (Lackland-spelling may be off) is not so safe. I have 2 small children and would not want to risk anything. Is that area bad? I know Sea World is right there. So, I thought the Medical City area would work, any thoughts on that area?

I need 2 rooms. I don't need fancy, but don't want something unclean. Is 3 stars what I'm describing?

We have something reserved right now for 119.00 but would REALLY like to not have to spend that per night. Can you help? I realize that we will probably only get 1 bed. My girls can sleep on the floor if necessary in sleeping bags.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Since there are more 3* hotels in the Riverwalk area, there is more competition there, and therefore a chance you may be successful in the Riverwalk zone for an amount less than or the same as the Medical Center zone... would you want to include the Riverwalk area in your bidding as well? (although keep in mind there may be parking charges in this zone, not sure about the Medical Center zone)

What is your maximum bid for a 3* hotel?

Let us know the above and we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just came from that area last week.

Here's what I recommend...

Bid the "San Antonio West" zone for a "Resort" quality hotel @ $62 a night.

You'll most likely get the Radisson Hill County (really nice, we just stayed there). Very kid friendly. Nice pool. The have marshmellow roasts at night which it a big hit with the families.

Or, you might get the Hyatt (even nicer hotel, although I never stayed there).

If unsuccessful, add other zones one by one, and with reach re-bid, up your offer by $5. This is called free re-bidding. The other zones don't have "Resort" hotels, so you're guaranteed one of these two. Both are right next to Sea World. Da Riverwalk is about 15 mins by car. I recommend taking the family by car to the Riverwalk, do the walk, go on the boat tour (about 1hr), see the Alamo (right next to riverwalk). Then drive back to your hotel in the suburbs.

There is a great Texas style BBQ joint, "Rudys", right across from The Radisson Hill county. Very family friendly and reasonably priced.

Have a great trip and feel free to msg me if you have any quesetions.

Cheers,

Steve

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]