AZ Phoenix Hyatt Regency Downtown

cakobau
By cakobau,
in

Stayed here one night 3/22/04 for $37. Gave my Hyatt Gold Passport number over the phone in advance, to a very friendly reception. Got the points for the stay, no less! Got a great room on the 14th floor, facing east. Nice room overall, good view of the city, sunrise, etc.

My only complaint (and it's a weak one, overall) is that the bathroom wasn't as updated as the rest of the room. The tub was outdated and repeatedly caulked at the wall. Didn't look as nice as the rest of the appointments. Nice bed, desk, etc.

Great reception from the staff at checkin. Some cool art in the lobby and 3rd floor pseudo-lobby/restaurant/meeting space level. 4 restaurants, including a revolving top floor restaurant/lounge and a ground floor Einstein Bros. Bagels.

If parking, they Hyatt's own self-parking in the Regency garage (just to the south) is $7 for 24 hours. A bargain.

Paid $37 for the night. I would stay here EVERY TIME I came to downtown Phoenix. Even for more money.

Frankly, I think this is a 4 star hotel slumming it in the 3 star range at Priceline. It's a winner.

Got this hotel for $33 on PL and read some so so reviews.I used 1800-checkin and got to the hotel at 10:00 am.The desk clerk was friendly and offered my Diamond amenity and breakfast certs right away, without having to ask and there was no mention of PL.Lobby area is nice as is the hallway to the room.When we got to the room the maid was still cleaning it as we had call to check-in as we were driving to the hotel.No problem,we waited 5 mins in some nice chairs in the hall and it was done.The room on the 20th floor is very nice and up todate (southwestern).Carpet and bedding are newer and up todate.Bathroom is nice and up todate also,but the counter top and tub are old but don"t look that bad at all and still fit in with the new wall paper and nice southwestern mirror.It also has a nice modern tile floor.It reminds me a little of a westin.Even if I had paid $100 for this room,I would have been happy.I was a little worried from the reviews but I like this place.The Arizona Center is only two blks away and Bankone ballpark is about 4-5 blks away.If you get to the hotel between 5pm Friday and Monday morning,the meters on the street are free to park at.You should have no problem finding street parking as long as theres no Suns or Diamondbacks games the night of your stay.Parking in the garage to the south of the hotel is $7 for 24 hrs.valet is $16 I think.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Stayed Here 2/2/06 on a PL stay for $70. Used 1-800 CHECKIN since I was arriving late. When I arrived at the hotel, desk clerk admitted that I was only the third person in several months to use 1800 CHECKIN and that she didn't really know how to check me in. No matter, a quck check with her manager and I was on my way to my room.

Other than acknowldging that it was a prepaid reservation, there was no special "Priceline" treatment. Hyatt provides an email address for use in adding your Gold Passport number to reservations.

This Hyatt Regency is not as "intensely hyatt" as some of the other ones (Houston, San Francisco, Atlanta), although it does have the revolving restaurant on top. It's quite a nice hotel--actually pretty good room service at 10:30 pm.

It's Phoenix so people are pretty friendly, but the hotel staff does make it seem like it's a smaller hotel than it really is, which is a plus.

I'd concur with the others regarding the hotel rating and location. I'd stay here again at $70, although there are probably plenty of other hotels in the Phoenix area which could be had for that.

One note for 2006: THere is a lot of street construction going on around the hotel which makes it difficult to actually get to the front of the hotel in a car. I came in a cab and he had to go around the block a bit before he found the secret way in.

• 10 months later...

We stayed Sunday and Monday nights, 12/10 & 12/11/2006, and had a great time. No sports in town this week, and not much business traffic, so we got the room on Priceline for $49, which was a steal. Check-in was quick and friendly, with an offer to add my Hyatt Passport number to the reservation. Parking at the next-door garage is now $8 ($15 if you want in/out privileges). The room was comfortable, and the beds were great. We were really only sleeping there, so didn't try any of the hotel amenities. The Einstein Bros. Cafe in the lobby is very convenient for a quick breakfast or snack, and is priced comparable to the Einsteins elsewhere ($6 for a bagel/omelette sandwich and coffee).

We walked to the Arizona Center for dinner at Sam's Cafe; that was an easy walk and good food.

The streets are still torn up (it IS Phoenix, remember), but access was pretty easy. They're working on the light rail system day and night so hopefully it will be completed next year.

• 1 year later...

Booked at PL for 6 nights, 1/4/08-1/10/08.

Hotel room is nice, clean and quiet. I am very happy with my stay.

Self-parking is now $16.

Metered parking is free on the weekends and 5pm-8am Mon-Fri.

Had no problem with street parking during my stay except 1 night when there was an event downtown.

Hotel staff kindly advised that if a "parking pass" was issued ( billed to room ), it would be $16 per night.

Alternatively, it cost $10 per night if I choose to pay at parking exit ( with no in & out priviledge ).

• 1 year later...

Loved this place, we were placed at the top of the Hotel in a lovely room facing West. We watched the sun go down with a great view of the down town and the next morning sat wit our coffee and watched the airliners come by as they were making their approach from the west going in to Sky Harbour. Parked right our front as it was a weekend and no parking fee or ticket (guy at the front desk gave us that tip)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]