Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* San Francisco (USE) InterContinental

bentley2
By bentley2,
in

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and would like to find a hotel in USE. Went to hotwire and found this quote from Hotwire:

$132

4.5*

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Internet

Do you think this is Intercontinental? And is this supposed to be a good deal?

Thank you so much for your help! :)

The amenities you listed are a match for the Intercontinental. The Palace Hotel (Starwood Luxury Collection) is also rated 4.5 stars, but usually comes with the Spa amenity added, so I suspect the hotel you're seeing is the Intercontinental.

With regard to your question of whether it's a good deal, what date(s) are you looking at? Hotwire's "Travel Ticker" has a $139 rate at the Intercontinental on various dates between now and September. If your date qualified for the $139 rate, I would tend to book through Hotwire's Travel Ticker for the following reasons:

1. Hotwire Travel Ticker links you directly to Intercontinental Hotel's website for booking your reservation, eliminating Hotwire service charges you will incur if you purchase by the opaque method.

2. Travel Ticker rate allows canceling your hotel if your plans change, where as opaque purchases are non-refundable.

3. By booking direct w/Intercontintal (via Hotwire Travel Ticker), you might get a better room assignment vs an opaque purchase.

4. Hotwire Travel Ticker rate allows you to select either a room with one king or two double beds. With an opaque booking, you get whatever they assign you, although you can call the hotel and request a specific bed type.

5. Hotwire Travel Ticker rate guarantees you the Intercontinental, which in my opinion you'd be happier than the Palace Hotel. Friends of mine stayed at the Palace a few weeks ago (while we were at the Intercontinenal) and they were somewhat disappointed with the Palace.

Access HOTWIRE through the link here at Better Bidding. Click on Hotwire's Travel Ticker located at the bottom center of the hope page. Then click on "San Francisco" and select the Intercontinental. Note: The $139 rate is available for booking through May 20 (two days from now), so don't delay if you're looking to book this rate.

If your travel date(s) aren't available for the $139 rate, then, yes, I would say the $132 opaque rate is pretty good. When I purchased a few weeks ago, the price through Hotwire was $162.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]