Priceline Hotel: help with 4* in Manhattan

Itamar
By Itamar,
in

Hi all,

New to this forum and to PRICELINE in general.

I will arrive to new york on september 26th, and plan to stay there until october 4th.

We're a young couple, looking for a hotel in Manhattan, somewhere between 50th and 3rd.

we would like to spend no more than 140$/nt.

What are our options and is it possible to find a 3* or 4* hotels at this prices, close as possible to times sq.?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

...looking for a hotel in Manhattan, somewhere between 50th and 3rd
Not sure if there is a typo and you meant 53rd, 43rd, 63rd or were refering to Third Avenue, but when using the opaque providers (PRICELINE and HOTWIRE) you don't have that much control over the location. Each service divides the region into zones and you can pick which zone(s) you're willing to bid on PRICELINE. For a further explanation of how it works, and the similarities and differences between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, see this link: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

I'm going to guess that your budget is going to be too low for these dates, but you can always try... if you let us know which zone(s) you're willing to bid we can suggest a strategy to follow. Although you may not be able to win a hotel for your stated budget for your complete stay, you may also want to consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, but we can cross that bridge once we get there if that is an option.

Let us know the zone information or if you have any additional questions.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

First of all, Thanks for the reply :)

Well, in that case I would like to hear your suggestions on areas in Manhattan that are worth staying in.

Of course I'd prefer it to be closer as possible to the main "attractions" (times sq., central park stuff like that),

I believe you'll have better knowledge of what is recommended in that area. I know my budget is a bit low, but as long as it's not a hotel with rats sleeping on your pillow, then I guess it'll be ok.

Thanks again for the help.

I can't find anything non-opaque (where you know the name before your purchase) within your budget, and as you get to the lower star levels in NYC, you could potentially get some real "dives". While some of the lower star rated hotels may be acceptable, there are some which likely are not, and with PRICELINE and HOTWIRE you can't choose which type it is that you will get.

So not really sure how you want to proceed.

Without the use of PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, what's the best deal you're able to find at a suitable hotel?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am not necessarily in the majority here, but I've stayed in MTE and ended up with 3 star hotels many times. I have not noticed an appreciable difference (in price or style--other than a grand lobby) for 4 star and 3 star Priceline hotels in MTE or MTW.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]