Priceline Hotel: Failed SF bids, Weds and Thurs, May 14 & 15

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

Bay to Breakers isn't until Saturday/Sunday but availability Downtown is tight on Wednesday and Thursday as well, especially Thursday.

The following Priceline bids failed, first for Wednesday and Thursday; then for Wednesday alone.

$70/2.5* USE, USW, Cathedral Hill, Civic Center

$60/2.5* SFO Airport

$55/2.5* Berkeley/Emeryville

On Wednesday, but not Thursday, Hotwire has a 3* in Civic Center South-Hayes Valley at $75. I think that's Hotel Whitcomb, as Holiday Inn Civic Center and Inn at the Opera House (the zone's other 3* possibilities) are sold out.

I booked the Whitcomb directly for $79. It's an internet rate for a "Petite Double", which I expect will be a very small room. For one night that will be fine. Whitcomb's Queen and King rooms are sold out on Weds the "Petite Doubles" are sold out on Thursday. Booking $79 directly will turn out a few dollars cheaper than buying on Hotwire for $75, after Hotwire's service fee.

I'm taking Amtrak/BART into SF and the Whitcomb's location near Civic Center BART station will be convenient. Thursday is still up in the air.

The Priceline gods did me a favor when they rejected my bids. Something came up at the last minute and I had to cancel the trip. The Whitcomb graciously cancelled my reservation even though I gave less than 24 hours notice. If I'd been accepted on PRICELINE I would have been stuck with the reservation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]