Airfare - US to Canada

SuntanD
By SuntanD,
in

I want to bid on airfare for my son and his girlfriend to come from Indianapolis to Halifax, Canada this summer. Since I will be paying on my credit card and using a Canadian address, do you foresee this being a problem? Again, you are not able to enter your correct address, thus going back to the old rules of CA 99999.

I'm just wondering if under these circumstances my bid would be accepted, and that there would be no issues with the E tickets coming to my email address here in Canada.

I'm a regular in the hotel bidding, (thanks to all your help) but really need some assistance being a newbie in the airfare game.

If you have any advice as to bidding ... where to start, etc. please share. Again, just a tad bit nervous about it as we are talking bigger dollar figures here compared to a hotel room.

Thanks, D

PRICELINE now allows bidding from Canada (at least on the hotel side... don't know of any exception on the airfare side of things) so i would try first with your true address, if that fails, then use the workaround.

In regards to the airfare bidding... what is the best rate you're able to find using the Airfare Checker and what is the breakdown of fare vs. fees for that ticket). How much of a discount would you need to make an opaque purchase worthwhile?

What are the dates of travel?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare ... the dates of travel are July 30th to August 9th. The best fare available is $511 plus the applicable taxes for a total of $622. You can purchase on Hotwire for $544 (taxes in) per ticket - HOTWIRE Limited Rate - still not knowing which airline or times until it is accepted, which is somewhat of a savings, but not much. For the same terms and conditions I thought it would be worth a try to bid on the flights on PRICELINE.

Thanks for your assistance ... D

So that would bring your maximum bid to ~$285.

You can use the "city" method discussed in this Priceline Airfare Bidding thread to have an almost unlimited supply of bidding opportunities.

I'd start by bidding $175, increasing $10-$25 per re-bid... higher at first and then lowering the spread between bids (ie- such as: $175, $200, $220, $230, $240, etc, etc)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this Priceline Airfare link to begin your bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]