Priceline Hotel: 2.5* San Antonio (Downtown-Riverwalk) Holiday Inn Market Square

Gdogg6
By Gdogg6,
in

I am going to San Antonio with a co-worker for two nights next week, the 13th and 14th. I would like to try for a four star hotel in the downtown area...my max bid would be $75.00 per room per night. There are two areas that have 4* options....downtown riverwalk and san antonio northwest. I would prefer downtown first but will take either or. If 4* doesn't work I will then try to find a 3* hotel somewhere.

Thanks,

Grant

At the 4* level you have six re-bid zones. (NOTE: San Antion WEST is not one of them) If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75.

Any questionsl feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried the above strategy and was rejected on all of it...I skipped the 4* and went ahead and tried to get a 3* in the Northwest area....I bid five times (there are four rebid zones) starting at $50 and ending at $70...with no luck.

I don't know much about San Antonio...I would like to find a 4* or a 3* in a good area for $75 a night if at all possible (two rooms). Can anyone give me some advice on good and bad areas of San Antonio? Most of the places I will be visiting for business are in the Medical Center area on Priceline. Does anyone know about that area? I wouldn't mind looking for a 3* in that area I think. Let me know your opinions if you would.

Thanks,

Grant

I skipped the 4* and went ahead and tried to get a 3* in the Northwest area
Have you tried for a 3* in the Downtown zone?

Given that the zone you bid was not where you will apparently be spending most of your time, what is it that you're looking for from this stay? Is hotel quality more important than location? Are you looking for nightlife after working hours?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, I haven't tried the 3* downtown...should I do that? I just wanted to be in a decent part of town, I don't know San Antonio at all....I was bidding on the downtown and Northwest areas because they were the only places with 4* options so I figured they were the better locations. Medical Centers in big cities are sometimes in areas that aren't very nice....but I have no idea with San Antonio...I would take a 3* hotel in the Medical Center area I guess..I bet I could probably get a decent deal on one.

How about a strategy on a 3* hotel in the Medical Center area?

Thanks,

Grant

I was bidding on the downtown and Northwest areas because they were the only places with 4* options so I figured they were the better locations
I wouldn't necessarily think that higher rated hotels are in 'better' areas, as there may be some nice 'resort' type properties in some zones which are a bit remote... very nice hotels, but speaks nothing regarding the surrounding area.

What is the purpose of the hotel stay... are you simply looking to have a place to sleep near the medical center, looking for nightlife in the evening, restaurants which you can walk to, a hotel you don't need to leave the grounds for anything you need, etc, etc? Letting us know what your plans are may get you more assistance regarding which zone will be 'best', since everyone has different needs and opinions of what make a hotel 'good'.

This is just a business trip so I'm not really looking for any nightlife or anything like that. I just want a comfortable place to stay and through work we are supposed to stay right around $70-$75 a night before taxes. Most of our days will be in the Medical Center area and there are a couple places close to downtown that we will be going to. At night my co-worker and I will be going to dinner somewhere nice down there with a customer...then the next night I will probably try to find a sports bar to go watch some baseball. So nothing major, just a nice, clean place to sleep at night in a decent area. If I need to drop down to 2 1/2 or 3 star I have no problem doing that. For a while our company had a Super 8 policy...I'm just thrilled that I can use priceline to get better hotels at decent pricing so I can stay away from the dreadful super 8's :)

I don't know this area that well, but i would probably be looking at the Medical Center since that is where you'll likely be spedning most of your time... followed by a 3* in the Downtown zone since that is where you'll be second most, and likely where you'll be taking your customer for dinner and/or location of a sports bar. However, i'd first also review the Priceline Hotels Won to make sure you're comfortable with what has already been reported (you could be the first to report a new hotel in either zone, but this will at least give you a good 'feel' and determine if there is a known reasson to avoid a given area on the list)

I'm surprised your company has set the per diem at $75, as i'm sure it's difficult to get a hotel room near that price in a lot of markets (without using PRICELINE or HOTWIRE)

Let us know regarding the zones as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

I tried bidding in the Medical Center area.....2.5*...tried $40, $45, $50, $55...all denied. So I then went to downtown and went ahead and started my bidding at $55.00 for a 2.5* because it is getting close and I wanted to start high with my high bid being $70 for a 2.5 star...got accepted on the first try for $55.00 a night for two nights (5/13 and 5/14) for two rooms.

Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown

I'll take it....it is centrally located and for $55.00 a night that seems like a good deal!

I used the PRICELINE links on here to get the rooms...thanks for all your help!

Grant

Congratulations on your win!

Glad you found something within your budget and hopefully this will work well for your needs... certainly has to be better than a Super8 :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]