Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown) Westin

rogersck
By rogersck,
in

Started bid at $80, re-bid in increments of $10. Bid accepted for $120/night. Total price for 2 nights + taxes = 285.14.

Question, is this booking prepaid or is it paid on checkout from the hotel? Just wondering because priceline placed a hold on my account for 3 days then it disappeared. The amount hasn't been deducted yet and it has been 3 days since I last saw the hold.

Also, for anyone who had experience with Westin Seattle, how good/bad is it for a 4* hotel?

Another thing, this will be my first trip to Seattle. Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance. And most definitely, thank you betterbidding for all the help. I have been browsing this forum for 2 months now (eventhough I wasn't a registered user then yet) debating on whether I want to try priceline. I am so glad I did. In return for all the help I got from this site, I used your link for PRICELINE when I bid and booked the Seattle Hotel. Keep up the good work :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win!

Your PRICELINE purchase is pre-paid... PRICELINE already has their money :) and it's likely your credit card company just 'catching up' in the next few days.

Some Seattle suggestions:

-Pike Place Market (did you need me to tell you this one?) and watch the fish counter at the main entrance throw fish

-Brasa has an eclectic menu and a great early bird in their lounge where everything on the bar menu is half price with a drink purchase... good food (at least a few years ago) with an interesting twist and a great value during this time of day (5pm-7pm)

-if you have a car visit and take a tour of the Chatteau St. Michelle winery. Pick up some sandwiches on the way, buy a bottle of wine once you're there, and have a picnic on their grounds

-if you prefer beer over wine, eat lunch at the Red Hook Brewery and then take their own tour

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the fast reply. I will definitely take your suggestions into consideration. Any comments on Westin Seattle btw? I read some people got stuck with a low level room. Is there an option to upgrade? I know I should direct this question to the hotel itself. I'm just wondering if someone here on the board had any experience regarding upgrading or being given a nice (with view) room :)

I also "won" the Westin for dates 2 weeks prior to yours. You saved $5 from my bid so I am jealous (lol). I called the hotel today to check on bedding options and they told me that had roooms with a king and sleeper sofa or two twins. I requested a king and asked if it made any difference if I made the reservations through Priceline. They told me it did not matter. As I am going to a wedding a number of people attending will be doing the same bidding process.

Priceline charges you when the bid is accepted. It can't hurt to call Westin to verify your reservation. They should swipe your credit card at check in but only for incidentals.

Thank you for the replies. I really appreciate it. Thank you for the link to the review as well. It's nice to be able to read about the different experiences about a hotel. I'll surely add my experience after the trip to help somebody else out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]